MyQ, ISY Automation Platform - Need Beta Testers

ccmichaelson

Dear Cacooners,

I've spent the past 6 months cobbling together many home automation platforms/devices (e.g. Elk M1, ISY994i, Z-wave devices, Insteon devices, MyQ garage doors, you name it) for my own home I just built...  At the end of the day, I realized that only I could manage/interact with my automation system mainly because my wife/kids found it too difficult to remember which app to launch to perform a particular action - sound familiar?

For the past several months I've been building a cloud-based automation platform to simplify the end-user experience - no app required!  My wife/kids can now command/control our home via text messaging.  The area I decided to focus on (for this beta version) was a more feature rich MyQ settings/capabilities and some ISY features.  For example:

MyQ - Garage Doors
1)  Ability to open/close garage doors via text messaging - no app required.
2)  Set a night mode, which will automatically check and close any garage door that's open at a time specified by you (e.g. midnight).
3)  Receive text alerts if your garage door(s) are open for longer than a time interval you specific.
4)  Multi-user access control (e.g. allow family, baby sitter, house cleaner, etc.) access without giving away your MyQ credentials and forcing them all to install an app.

ISY
1)  Ability to run any program within the ISY via text message commands - no app required.

If any of you have either or both of these systems and you'd like to try out my new service, please PM me and I'll send you additional details.

I've added a few more ISY capabilities (all performed via simple text messages):
  • Run any program:  run (program_name)
  • Turn on/off any device:  turn (on/off) (device_name)
  • Turn on/off ISY scenes:  turn (on/off) (scene_name)
I'm ready to open this service up to more users.  Here's the service link:  https://www.justautomated.com/beta

Back