Myro:Home experience/active?

mtgoat

Member
I'm seeing minimal recent posts in the myrocontol.com forum for the Myro:Home iOS/Watch apps, however note that there has been an update to the app recently.
I'm now considering this solution (to replace Haiku/Space) due its increased functionality especially in the support of HomeKit/NFC/etc.
 
Before signing up, I'd be interested in hearing from current (or prior) users of Myro:Home regarding your experience with this platform.
 

sjht

Active Member
I switched to this and it works great. Have both Myro:Home (IOS) and the Helper app running on a Mac mini.  Has been very solid and support has been great. The HomeKit integration works well (done from the Mac Helper app).  Has IOS notifications.  Really no issues.  SJ
 

mtgoat

Member
SJHart said:
I switched to this and it works great. Have both Myro:Home (IOS) and the Helper app running on a Mac mini.  Has been very solid and support has been great. The HomeKit integration works well (done from the Mac Helper app).  Has IOS notifications.  Really no issues.  SJ
Thanks. Do I understand correctly that iOS notifications are reliant on the additional Helper app (scripting) as well?
Unfortunately I'm not finding posts on how people have implemented features, thus my inquiry here.
 

sjht

Active Member
mtgoat said:
Thanks. Do I understand correctly that iOS notifications are reliant on the additional Helper app (scripting) as well?
Unfortunately I'm not finding posts on how people have implemented features, thus my inquiry here.
 
That’s  correct. You scan a code in the helper app by your IOS device.  You can then select what type of notifications you want.  Also, once you have the helper app integrated with your Omnipro (keys, IP, etc.), it pulls all of the devices in.  You can then select which devices you want HomeKit to see.  My wife likes using the Home app on her phone for doing basic things like setting the alarm, thermostat, etc. It works better to limit this.  HomeKit can really become an integration point with other devices if you want.  I’ve not done scripting, but maybe should take a look.
 

mtgoat

Member
Very helpful, thanks. Though I am a bit puzzled by your comment: *Works better to limit this (HomeKit?)*
Unfortunately, while there is a 14-day free trial of the iOS app, it seems that Id need to commit to the ($99) Helper MacOS app to just try the HomeKit features.
 

sjht

Active Member
mtgoat said:
Very helpful, thanks. Though I am a bit puzzled by your comment: *Works better to limit this (HomeKit?)*
Unfortunately, while there is a 14-day free trial of the iOS app, it seems that Id need to commit to the ($99) Helper MacOS app to just try the HomeKit features.
You can define which objects move to HomeKit. They recommend not going over 100.  I find that keeping the Home app clean with everyday stuff vs having everything.  You can always use the Myro Home app to see it all.  SJ
 
Top