Need a replacement app for Haiku Helper - "Haiku Home Automation for HAI"

Buzzyboy

New Member
Hello, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I am new here. 
I have the HAI OmniPro II system installed at my house, and for years I used a Mac mini with Haiku installed on it and Haiku Helper installed on my phone to control it remotely (used it for disarming/arming it etc) and Prowler/Growler to receive notifications of when it is armed or disarmed. 
However, I recently upgraded my phone to the Iphone XR and since Haiku Helper is no longer on the app store I can not download it and control my security system from my phone. Is there another secure alternative I can use? Any help is appreciated. 
 

ComponY

Active Member
There is Snap-Link, that's their specific application from Leviton.
 
I have some clients who use Myro Home!
 

Buzzyboy

New Member
ComponY said:
There is Snap-Link, that's their specific application from Leviton.
 
I have some clients who use Myro Home!
What is your experience with Snap-Link? I was looking at it but it hasn't been updated in 3 years and the reviews don't look too positive. I'll have to look into Myro Home, I did not know about that thanks. 
 

ComponY

Active Member
Buzzyboy said:
What is your experience with Snap-Link? I was looking at it but it hasn't been updated in 3 years and the reviews don't look too positive. I'll have to look into Myro Home, I did not know about that thanks. 
 
I personally don't mind it, but some people do. It really depends on what you're using it for, and how you feel about it personally. PM me if you want!
 

Buzzyboy

New Member
ComponY said:
I personally don't mind it, but some people do. It really depends on what you're using it for, and how you feel about it personally. PM me if you want!
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have been busy lately. Also sorry, I am not able to PM you (As a "Newbie" member I have restricted capabilities, including not being able to see profiles to send PMs). Just a quick question though: On Snap Link, is there a way to get notifications on your phone stating when the alarm is armed/disarmed? Thanks in advance for any advice!!! 
 

pete_c

Guru
You can run old Windows Snaplink (different) on any Windows computer if you wanted to and configure it to send you a text or email for created events.
 
I just tested it to run fine on Windows 2016 Standard server.  I have tested it to work using Linux / PlayOnLinux and a tiny Windows embedded virtual box on a MAC.
 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1207]
 
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1208]
 
 
Today also you can run the offered OmniLinkBridge software on Windows or Linux and it can be configured to text or send email alerts to your phone.
 
And utilize your smart phone to run last versions of Snaplink for a console connection.
 
 
 

bgoldak

New Member
Buzzyboy said:
Hello, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I am new here. 
I have the HAI OmniPro II system installed at my house, and for years I used a Mac mini with Haiku installed on it and Haiku Helper installed on my phone to control it remotely (used it for disarming/arming it etc) and Prowler/Growler to receive notifications of when it is armed or disarmed. 
However, I recently upgraded my phone to the Iphone XR and since Haiku Helper is no longer on the app store I can not download it and control my security system from my phone. Is there another secure alternative I can use? Any help is appreciated. 
 

bgoldak

New Member
I was the faced with the same problem last year when I upgraded my phone.
It seems IOS no longer backs up the actual app, only a link to it in the App Store. So if it is no longer in the store, poof, its gone.

All is not lost however. If you can find a back up file from your old iOS device, there is a windows program, I’m sorry I can’t remember what it’s called, that can extract apps from the back up. It worked like a charm for me. The program has a free demo.. It was enough to suit my purpose.

Just search for IOS app recovery.
 

picta

Active Member
heffneil said:
How does no one know about Myro home?!  It is a clone of Haiku but current!
It is a paid subscription app. What is the point of owning a HAI panel and having to be subjected to a certain uncertainty? :rofl:
 
Top