Need help for output1 speaker placement

Stef

Hi,

I am installing my new Elk M1 Gold. So far so good! I'm not sure where i should install the speaker.

- Should I install it near the keypad so i can here message when using it?

- Should I install it near the bedroom. But I'm afraid that it would wake-up everybody in the morning when I leave to work...

Any suggestion whould be appreciate.

Stéphane.

It all depends on what you are using the M1 for. If it is for security you want a speaker on each floor so the siren part can be heard. If it is for automation only you want it in locations where you can hear the announcements. If it is for both, put it all over the place.

You probably want several, and you can programmatically disable non alarm messages so you can shut them off early or late as your needs require.

toymaster458 said:
It all depends on what you are using the M1 for. If it is for security you want a speaker on each floor so the siren part can be heard. If it is for automation only you want it in locations where you can hear the announcements. If it is for both, put it all over the place.
Hi,

Fast response!!! It's for both security and home automation. But since we are not speaking english, i think it will be more for the alarm.

I wish i could have Homeseer use the speaker as well but i don't know if it's possible.

Stef said:
I wish i could have Homeseer use the speaker as well but i don't know if it's possible.
You should be able to via relays or autoswitcher. Another option would be a cheap mixer especially if you don't anticipate both would be 'talking' at the same time. But you always have the risk of either slight switching delays or either stepping on each other but may work ok depending on your use.

Back