Need help, which eeprom upgrade

skyfall

Hey folks,
Thanks for the wealth of information on this site. I have been lurking for sometime and learned a lot. My scenario is...I bought a house with an Aegis 3000 systems which appears to relate to the HAI Omni Pro II (if I'm incorrect please let me know).  I know my only upgrade option for this board is new physical chipsets but what are my options, meaning which upgrade should I go to. I have researched and for the life of me can't determine which is the best and most logical choice. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I bought PC Access (User) and have familiarized myself with the menue from the control panels. I was able to set the IP Address and await the serial to PC interface cable. I am unable to connect via IP or serial at this time and only know what the system does via 'discovery learning' (lights come on at dusk, various relays, outdoor temp, multiple zones, etc)
I have no idea what the Installer code is but have the Master code and can access the settings via the control panel. I was able to change the User 1 code but assume this is not the same as the installer code. Any guidance to help me verify if my master code is the same as the Installer code would be awesome.

Since I am new and cannot post pictures or links I can tell you the currently installed eeproms have the following on them

first slot (U29) HAI 20A04-3 2.5
second slot (U30)  HAI 20A05-3 2.0
third slot (U31) empty

Thanks and advance.
Skyfall

User PC Access will not allow you to connect to an Aegis controller as there are separate software applicaitons for the different OEM variants, which is the primary reason that you cannot access the controller at this time.  If you contact LS&A support as [email protected], they should provide you with an Aegis software application, which you could use until the controller has been updated.  I would not normally make that recommendation, but considering the controller is already configured, using an Aegis version of software to create a backup file before updating would not be a bad idea.

As for updating the controller, the only option is to convert the controller to an Omni Pro II, as the Aegis line of automation controllers are no longer updated.  You would need to contact a Leviton distributor (http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=62051&minisite=10251) and purchase an Omni Pro II firmware (p/n - 20A04-2UPG).  This will replace the ROM chip currently in socket "U29".

Updating the firmware and converting the controller from an Aegis 3000 to an Omni Pro II "should not" cause a loss of configuration or programming - the time and Event Log would be the only data lost.  If there were any configuration problems after the upgrade, you could "open" the Aegis file (if you create one) using the User PC Access, which would convert it to a "Leviton" (HAI) Omni Pro II - then you could use that file to re-load the configuration into the controller.

Hope this helps-

Lajaycee,

Great advice and post.  I am not heading in the right direction.  I was off base and going off a lot of assumptions which were mostly incorrect but close.  I will contact the support folks and try to get a copy of the correct access software.  

I contacted the installer last week after frustration and they are coming out this Friday to go over the HA system.  I have other related issues that put me in this bind and luckily they want to help.  The previous homeowner took the Crestron head and a few other parts after closing and it left me with a few hanging ends of CAT 5 and serial connections that run to nowhere.

Thanks again and I will post an update as they evolve.

Back