Need Help With Elk Rule

coppercox

Here is what I want to do:

Whenever the alarm is triggered in away mode I want the Elk to call my cell phone...but only if the alarm is not disarmed.

For some reason I cannot prevent the elk from calling my cell phone even after I disarm,

I have tried a rule to call me if the Entry Delay expires and the alarm is still active but it didn't work. this is the rule:

WHENEVER Main House (Area 1) ENTRY DELAY ENDS
AND THE BURGLAR ALARM IN Main House (Area1) IS ACTIVE
THEN DIAL xxxx xxxx (XXXXXXX) AND ANNOUNCE Miscellaneous

The entry delay counted down normally but when it got to 0 it remained there (seemed to freeze the KP display) while the keypad continued to chime (no siren activated) and I did not receive a call as I should have.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is what I want to do:

Whenever the alarm is triggered in away mode I want the Elk to call my cell phone...but only if the alarm is not disarmed.

For some reason I cannot prevent the elk from calling my cell phone even after I disarm,

I have tried a rule to call me if the Entry Delay expires and the alarm is still active but it didn't work. this is the rule:

The entry delay counted down normally but when it got to 0 it remained there (seemed to freeze the KP display) while the keypad continued to chime (no siren activated) and I did not receive a call as I should have.

What am I doing wrong?

You might have to define a value in a counter and have the system toggle that value whenever the system is Armed/Disarmed. For example, Set Counter 9 (labelname) equal to 5 for on and 0 for off. I am starting to use PowerHome to control this special rules and then have PowerHome dial out without issues.

-=*Sharby*=-

The way this Rule will work is when the Rule Event fires at the instant the ENTRY DELAY ENDS, and if the alarm is active, THEN Dial the number. That is probably NOT what you want to do.

You might try:
WHENEVER ANY BURGLAR ALARM, ANY AREA TURNS ON
THEN DIAL xxxx xxxx (XXXXXXX) AND ANNOUNCE Miscellaneous 1

If you want a time delay after triggering the alarm to be able to disarm and not call the cell phone, start an Output timer upon the alarm activation with a Rule. Another Rule will activate the Dial out when the Output Timer runs out. Another Rule will clear the timer to 0 upon disarming. If the timer is 0, it will not dial out.

Thanks, sharby and Spanky.
I will go home tonight and try that...
I knew there was something with a output timer but couldn't get it figured out...maybe I need to try programming the rules whilst not under the influence!!! :angry:

Back