NEG terminal question

v1rtu0s1ty

Ok folks, I just want to make sure if I really understood what you guys told me last week about NEG..........NEG.

I'm talking about the shared NEG on the left side of the controller. If you look at your controller, Z1 and 2 are sharing a NEG, Z3 and 4 are sharing a NEG and so on. Is the NEG on these zones the same as the NEG at the bottom of +VAUX? If so, you can either connect the NEG side of your sensor to any of these terminals.

And yes, the NEG on the right side of the controller is a different NEG.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Neil

I read your whole thread. However, I have a question now about sirens. I really intentionally didn't provision for the wires for the siren. I have an internal speaker on OUT1. Is Siren on OUT2 a must or is it optional? Right now, I only have 2200ohms there. Also, still couldn't get rid of that External Siren 2 error in NextAlarm.

From what I understand on your thread about your siren installation, use a dedicated conductor for the siren going to the OUT2. Am I correct?

Yes, I use a dedicated pair of wires for the sirens on output 2. I'm running 16/2 for the sirens. I use two ELK siren/strobe combinations in the ELK stainless steel housings. Depending on the configuration of the house I install one in the front and one in the back. I want everyone in the neighborhood to know there is an alarm. Also, I want the police helicopter to easily identify the house by looking for the strobe. Not only do they look good but IMHO they are a great deterrent. I configure the strobe to use output 3 and stay on as a visual that there was an alarm. See www.elkproducts.com for the wiring diagram. All my test panels have had a 2.2k resistor across output 2 configured to voltage out and I've not had a trouble indication.

Yep, that's a really good idea. However, like in my case, I will not have any siren at all nor strobe outside, will it be a problem for the ELK controller? It's because, I can't get rid of the External Siren failure 2 in nextalarm.

NextAlarm only receives what the ELK M1 sends. Your problem is not with NextAlarm but with the M1. And it is probably with the RP configuration and not with the hardware.

rfdesq said:
NextAlarm only receives what the ELK M1 sends. Your problem is not with NextAlarm but with the M1. And it is probably with the RP configuration and not with the hardware.
Hi Robert,

Do you have any guesses which part in the RP I should look at?

Thanks,

Neil

rfdesq said:
Globals, G26-28. Output 2 voltage out. Try powering down the panel.
Yes, it's already has been set before as Voltage out. Also, every night, I turn it off. Any more ideas?

rfdesq said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
Yes, it's already has been set before as Voltage out. Also, every night, I turn it off. Any more ideas?
Yes, hook it up to a real ELK siren.
Oh no, I'm not really going to install a siren in my production implementation day. Does that mean, I won't be able to get rid of that error(External Siren 2 Failure)?

By the way, I tried it again, this event showed up again. :blink:

Back