New M1 Software Upgrade

Spanky

The m1dealer.elkproducts.com website has an updated M1 software release version 4.5.18 for the GE NX RF receiver and 5.1.18 for the ELK RF receiver. There are not may changes in this version other than some operational improvements. You can view the change list when downloading the software.

There is also an update for the ELK M1XRF2G RF receiver version 1.0.26. The combination of the two upgrades improves some wireless operations.

The next M1 software update will have a lot more changes.

The m1dealer.elkproducts.com website has an updated M1 software release version 4.5.18 for the GE NX RF receiver and 5.1.18 for the ELK RF receiver. There are not may changes in this version other than some operational improvements. You can view the change list when downloading the software.

There is also an update for the ELK M1XRF2G RF receiver version 1.0.26. The combination of the two upgrades improves some wireless operations.

The next M1 software update will have a lot more changes.
Any idea when the next release will be. Will hold off if it's close!

The m1dealer page shows them as "*** ON HOLD ***".
They must have changed the page this morning because I've been constantly checking it for the last few days. I'm stuck with an old firmware that's incompatible with the stuff I just received from SmartHome.

I sure hope Elk will post the bootware and firmware back soon.

M1 version 4.5.20 and 5.1.20 are now downloadable from the M1dealer.elkproducts.com website. There was an issue reported from the field that we wanted to get updated.

This is not the Ademco Honeywell RF receiver version. It is next.

M1 version 4.5.20 and 5.1.20 are now downloadable from the M1dealer.elkproducts.com website. There was an issue reported from the field that we wanted to get updated.

Excellent news. Now I can connect to my M1 Gold Control through my M1XEP. I was on a really old firmware and it prevented me from accessing the panel from my network. Thanks.

Excellent news. Now I can connect to my M1 Gold Control through my M1XEP. I was on a really old firmware and it prevented me from accessing the panel from my network. Thanks.
How about some more custom settings- 20 is totally inadequate. I'm full and now totally dead in the water re any further expansion of the system.

How about some more custom settings- 20 is totally inadequate. I'm full and now totally dead in the water re any further expansion of the system.
While I don't disagree that more may be better, Elk may be limited by memory constraints and physically cannot do this. Sometimes you can be more creative in your use of counters, outputs and rules to work around custom settings limitations.

Quick question... Is there anything different between firmware 4.xx.xx and 5.xx.xx, apart from one being for the Caddx received and the other for the Elk receiver? Am I missing out on something by not having the Elk receiver? I got the Caddx a few months ago because a bunch of my sensors are SAW, not Crystal.

The 4.x.x and 5.x.x versions are very similiar except for the GE NX receiver for 4.x.x and the ELK RF receiver for 5.x.x.

The 5.x.x has some minor features added due to memory constraints in the 4.x.x.

There will be some new RF products available in the future which will run on the 5.x.x software version.

There will be some new RF products available in the future which will run on the 5.x.x software version.
Is there a list of those minor features somewhere?

What kind of RF products are we talking about? Making the ElkGuard products compatible with the M1? :)

The 4.x.x and 5.x.x versions are very similiar except for the GE NX receiver for 4.x.x and the ELK RF receiver for 5.x.x.

Wireless desktop keypads???? (Hint hint)

Back