New Temp/Humidity Sensor

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum Marty.

I am guessing here you have purchased the hardware (well all of it) required to utilize 1-Wire stuff. 

What hardware are you utilizing with the combination Hobby Boards Temperature and humidity sensor?

IE: Hobby boards has a 1-Wire USB adapter, 4-channel hub, master hub for example and you can utilize the Maxim test software stuff here to look at your devices.

Note too that the Hobby Boards Temperature and Humidity sensor requires additional voltage of 5VDC to function.

ht4-r1-a__82382_zoom.jpg

What HB boards device are you using to connect to your new 1-wire network?

Personally here have three types of combination temperature and humidity sensors.

1 - AAG combos from the 1990's which are very tiny and work fine on two wires with no additional power - parasitic - still working just fine after 20 years.

2 - Hobby boards combo temperature and humidity 1-wire sensors that require 5VDC

3 - Mideon combo MD3020E 1-wire sensors that utilize 5VDC, 9-30 VDC or are parasitic.

Just relating to the Hobby boards device went to using their stuff here.  (power supply et al).

What sensor? Apparently there re a few.

You need more than a power supply. You need a receiving interface that is programmed to accept that specific sensor. If there is no software and database support for that exact sensor it doesn't work. 1-wire is not generic or interchangeable.

I have the newest Hobby- Boards temperature/humidity sensor. Trying to figure out what is the best way to get power to the sensor.

I did have a 4 channel hub, but it went bad.  I also have 1-wire rain gauge from Hobby Boards that I would be using

with the temperature/Humidity Sensor.  I use Weather Display software for the 1-wire weather sensors.

The Dallas viewer does not work and I am trying to get the Hobby Boards with the Weather Display to work!

Thanks for all the input!

https://www.hobby-boards.com/store/pages.php?pageid=9

Does there power supply  recommendation page not suit your needs?

I did have a 4 channel hub, but it went bad.  I also have 1-wire rain gauge from Hobby Boards that I would be using

with the temperature/Humidity Sensor.  I use Weather Display software for the 1-wire weather sensors.

The Dallas viewer does not work and I am trying to get the Hobby Boards with the Weather Display to work!

OK so what are you using now instead of your 4 channel hub?

Tell us some more Marty.

I still today use much of the 1-wire stuff as it is easy and wired.  Weather wise here have added Davis weather stations / Fine Offset. I still have the AAG weather station up and it still works although I do not like the numbers I see from it.  I went to using Cumulus software a few years ago and initially got a bit in to using the xAP weather stuff coming from Cumulus.

In to the whole rain tipping bucket thing and still testing two digital rain devices which work fine with the 1-wire network (using a 1-wire counter). (IE using the Davis, Fine Offset, Dallas 1-wire bucket, two digital rain guages here and there).

Cumulus is still running on a Wintel 32 bit server.  It is doing well. 

More recently testing Cumulus MX running on a RPi2.  Read here about it.

It is doing well and connected to just one Davis weather console.  Historically Cumulus has not supported the 1-Wire stuff.  Just noticed here though that I can connect a small 1-wire network directly to the RPi2 with little effort.  That said I can also add more sensors to the base running Cumulus this way. 

IE: tell us exactly what is is you use to connect your computer (or whatever to) to see your microlan of 1-wire devices.

I currently use a Linkusb-1-wire to an old version of Hobby-boards temperature/humidity sensor and a hobby-boards rain gauge connected using RJ45.  Replacing the 4 channel hub, that shorted out.
I purchased the New Version of the hobby-boards temperature/humidity sensor.  I understand that I will not see any data from this sensor until I attach 5 Volt DC power. I have a 15 volt power supply that came with the 4 channel hub.  The 4 channel hub is not available or out of stock so I was trying to come up with another way to power my sensors.  I use Weather Display software and have the latest update.  My old temp/humidity sensor started to become faulty, I ran new cable to the sensors and used RJ45 to connect them thinking it was the cable was faulty.

Thanks again for the input.

You can just add a 5VDC source and get it from just about any place. 

Over the years I have used All Ellectronics.

Hobby boards has a 1-wire 5VDC power injector.  Use your current power supply with the Hobby boards injector.  I have one of these. 

You can also purchase stuff over here

Back