Newbie.

CDC

I'm a new user. I found a link here on the Elk site. Looks like a great site. I've seen a lot of interesting topics and opinions. I am a systems contractor. I got an M1G when they first came out to experiment and play with, (before trying to sell them). I really like mine but I've been reluctant to take the plunge into full blown H.A. You guys are pushing me closer to the edge. I have some X10 and some relay output controls, Rf zones, outside temperature and vacation mode type stuff. I am almost ready to get a programmable T-stat (1-zone system) and want to get opinions on the most prefered as well as pros and cons on the available compatible ones. Thanks to all for your willingness to help.

CDC

CDC,
Welcome to Cocoontech. I think this site has some of the highest quality technical recommendations of any site I have visited.

If you have any level technical problem, feel free to ask it. I will do my best to give my opinion.

CDC said:
I am almost ready to get a programmable T-stat (1-zone system) and want to get opinions on the most prefered as well as pros and cons on the available compatible ones.
Pretty much that leaves Aprilaire, RCS and HAI. The Aprilaire is more expensive and requires a protocol converter, the HAI I believe requires you to run power to the stat but is fairly inexpensive and the RCS I think is one of the more popular ones. I am taking the stat plunge soon and will most likely go with a TR40.

I installed an HAI RC80B on my M1G. Only requirement is a serial expander for the Elk and everything went as smooth as silk. Works like a charm.

Thanks to all. It is nice to be here. I have been leaning toward the RSC t-stat. I still a little reluctant to take the plunge. I hope I can be of some help some time.

CDC

Back