NextAlarm

rfdesq

NextAlarm has just announced some new plans. Free, $5, and $11.95 per month depending on the level of service. Worth checking out at www.nextalarm.com.

So, in other words, in order to subsidize the new free and $5 plans, they now charge $11.95 instead of $8.95 for the regular service?

The $11.95 is based on a one year prepaid. It's $14.95 if paid monthly. They just had a price increase.

Hi,

Yes, our rates have gone up, and we are now more expensive than certain other services. Those particular services charge more for things like open/close reports, daily tests, etc., though, if they accept them at all. They also don't have anything like our online signal log, e-mail notifications, and especially Internet-based monitoring. Those are things that can be done with, say, Alarm.com or ADT, but at that point you're in a whole different price class, and probably looking at a new system, whereas NextAlarm works with any reasonably recent system. Basically, we feel the increase is justified.

We are very excited about the new $5 and free plans. We think it will really take off for people like you on this site, who are into tinkering with home automation, security, etc., and want to get more out of your security system for less (or nothing). Just to reiterate, the free plan is completely free for as long as you want to use it. Obviously we're hoping you'll like it enough to pay the $5, but if the free plan does it for you, that's fine too.

Dan
NextAlarm.com

Hi Dan,

Nice to have a NextAlarm representative here. I have placed several customers with NextAlarm and everyone has been pleased with the service. Be prepared to address some of the minor quirks with the CS and web interface.

Robert

Can Next Alarm communicate directly with the ELK Ethernet Module yet? I believe it requires an Osborne Hoffman Receiver with an ethernet card.

FYI - I find the email notifications hugely cool, and their turnaround on support emails is very fast. I have NextAlarm page my cellphone on arm/disarm's, and a few other events, and it's consistently one of the "hey, can you show me how to do that with my system and phone" type questions by my friends.

Digger said:
Can Next Alarm communicate directly with the ELK Ethernet Module yet? I believe it requires an Osborne Hoffman Receiver with an ethernet card.

Not yet, but we will. We need to put the Osbourne-Hoffman receiver at the central station and also interface it with our servers, and it will happen, but not quite yet.

IVB said:
FYI - I find the email notifications hugely cool, and their turnaround on support emails is very fast. I have NextAlarm page my cellphone on arm/disarm's, and a few other events, and it's consistently one of the "hey, can you show me how to do that with my system and phone" type questions by my friends.

Thanks!

Dan

I just purchased and activate an Uplink AnyNet module to interface with my Elk M1 panel. I'm using with Elk Serial Expander module so would NA be able to see full Contact ID via UpLink

tuantu said:
Dan

I just purchased and activate an Uplink AnyNet module to interface with my Elk M1 panel. I'm using with Elk Serial Expander module so would NA be able to see full Contact ID via UpLink
I'm not familiar with the new AnyNet modules, but I see that they do have an RS232 interface. If the Elk passes through full Contact ID data through that, then we would receive it from Uplink. Otherwise, or for anyone else who isn't using the serial interface, we would just receive signals relating to the standard four inputs that all Uplink units have, which can be configured to send us four different signals.

Short answer: I don't know, but it's likely ;)

Not yet, but we will. We need to put the Osbourne-Hoffman receiver at the central station and also interface it with our servers, and it will happen, but not quite yet.

Please post here when this is available. I know I would sign up right away and maybe others would also.

Dan

Can you provide some kind of time frame for this being available ?

I am in the process of bring my Elk online and would wait if we are say in a 1 month wait.

Thanks Ben

Digger said:

Please post here when this is available. I know I would sign up right away and maybe others would also.
I'd certainly be interested!

Back