Nobody Home at Homeseer

upstatemike

Posted this on the Homeseer board a few days ago and got no reply... Anybody here have an idea?

I am doing a trial of Homeseer and trying to get the vws plugin to work. When I try to configure it I get the error below. Did I install it wrong or is this the problem already under discussion here? If I installed it wrong then any help troubleshooting my mistake would be appreciated.

"Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 58: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

Line 59: --

Line 60: authentication mode="Windows"/

Line 61:

Line 62: The section enables configuration

Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\vwscsv\web.config Line: 60

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 "

Mike,
Look in the web.config file for <authentication mode="Windows"/> and comment it out like this
<!--<authentication mode="Windows"/>-->

Rupp said:
Mike,
Look in the web.config file for <authentication mode="Windows"/> and comment it out like this
<!--<authentication mode="Windows"/>-->
That did it...Thanks Rupp! I knew it had to be something simple!

Back