• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

NX-481 PIR Tamper Springs

Digger

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement tamper springs? I have a bunch that are missing the springs (thats why I got them cheap I guess).

rfdesq

Digger said:
Feeling desperate since I searched online and found nothing so far.
I searched for you too and came up empty. It is a GE product correct? If so how about a call to GE Security tech support.

Digger

GE Security Tech support only wanted to talk to an authorized dealer. So I explained to him I am in the industry (technically a competitor) and he definitely did not want to talk to me.

I have to find an authorized GE dealer.

I appreciate you trying!!!!!!

Do you just need a spring -- or is there an "assembly" involved?

If it's just a spring, then the ever popular McMaster-Carr could come to the rescue http://www.mcmaster.com/

I'm looking at a GE wireless PIR sitting on my desk. If it's the same as the 481, a short spring fits over a black nub on the back of the sensor. Looks like darn near anything would work. I'd try a 1/8" diameter, about 3/8" length spring. You could clip or stretch the length and/or crimp or stretch it to fit over the "nub" if it's not exactly right.

Chuck

alarmguy

Digger,

In the past we have used a spring out of and ink pen to take care of something like this. Hope it will work for you.