Okay I'm tired now

RandyKnight

Just got done installing the almond color change kits on all 135 of my new Insteon switches so the electrician can get them installed tomorrow.

The worst part is the only screwdriver I had here (most of my tools are at the new house at this point) was one of those little eyeglasses kits ... not good on the fingers after 1080 screws.

That's right 135 x 4 x 2 = 1080. That's a lot of little screws. Plus moving the light pipes, liberating the color change kits from their plastic packaging, etc.

WAF can be a PITA. :eek:

I'm confused. Your switching out all of your paddles in your old house yet you are moving?

You would think that out of all people, you, a cocooner, a guy dedicated to home AUTOMATION, could figure out how to automate this :eek: That is just crazy!

Guess I should have got one of those robots like they use at factories or something huh? Guess I have to turn in my CT card now. :eek:

Guess I should have got one of those robots like they use at factories or something huh?

This is why manufacturing is done in "third world" countries using cheap labor. In this country we would use a "day laborer" (very popular around here on long Island.

I have about 30 switches in my house total and tried Insteon in about 12 or so of them at one time. Never worked but I would bet that yours will with all of those repeaters. I would hate to see your electric bill with all of those lights.

I guess I gotta buy a bigger house to use Insteon. I am sure they would not mind.

Eyeglass screwdriver? Yikes! After the first fifty or so screws, I think I would've broken down and bought a throwaway electric screwdriver from the local supermarket, target, or auto parts store to finish the job.

What color are you making the displays on those?

More importantly, are we all invited to the housewarming when it is all done? :blink:

(And Dig, I've used Insteon successfully on installations larger AND smaller than your twelve switches, so there's clearly something else going on.)

Left the light pipes white. WAF requires it not look too "star trek" :blink:

I actually had an electric screwdrive but not a bit small enough for those screws. And the stores are like 30 minutes round trip so I didn't go. Though it problably would have been faster.

(And Dig, I've used Insteon successfully on installations larger AND smaller than your twelve switches, so there's clearly something else going on.)

I cant get the communication between devices reliable because of noise from CFL's etc. Almost every bulb in my house is a CFL since electric on long island is very high.

That and a few switches just plain died (4 or 5 of the original 13 or so) and the lack of new products made me give up.

Maybe I will try and ressurect them someday but they really need to improve the product and customer service.

Back