Omni pro 2 12 v door controls

dj2099113

So we have an omnipro two system setup in our church and I'm looking to set up some remote capabilities for it outside of the apps that are associated with it. So we have two magnetic door locks that are controlled on 12 volt. My question is how would I know where these doors are being turned on and off in the system? Is it just setup as a zone or should I be looking for something else?

Hi:

Zones read information into the panel, so that is not it. Typically items such as this would be controlled by an output. There are 8 and typically they control relays for added current. There isn't an easy way to see if this is on or off from the keypad. The best solution, if you don't want to check the status in a phone app. like Snaplink, is to just add an indicator light connected to that output. A zone would tell you if the door was open or closed.

Just add a suitable relay in parallel with the door lock.  The contacts of the relay then become just like window contacts.  Set up the Omnipro accordingly.

The issues i'm having is trying to be as non invasive as possible. The overall goal is id like to trigger the doors from the panel using an external relay or switch or something of that variety. There are two doors with magnetic locks but only one output in the door is being used, so i'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. 

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for.    

a) sense whether or not the doors are open 
b') sense whether or not the lock has been activated
c) activate the lock
d) all of the above

All of the above but mostly c....I can check the door zones I assume to see if its open or closed. But I would like to be able to activate the lock

Fantastic!  Do you know how the lock gets activated?  Simple switch or electronic control?  If electronic, some details on the make and model would be helpful.

If it's a simple switch, you just need a 12 volt relay controlled by an Omnipro output.  The contacts of the relay would be wired in parallel with the switch controlling the door lock.

So from what I can tell there's one output that is being used, there are 4 wires that are running to it (2 to each terminal). Where the door is there is a relay in the wall with a push button override switch at the wall that the button shuts off the power when its pressed.

Okay, sounds like a simple mag lock.  So wire a relay per post #7 except with the NC contacts in series with the switch.

At this point it seems im struggling to find these contacts for the door, so i figured i would try OmniLinkBridge and see how the integration is with HA cause that was my final goal to intergrate the locks and stuff. I'm at the church now figuring out how OmniLink works

dj2099113 said:
At this point it seems im struggling to find these contacts for the door, so i figured i would try OmniLinkBridge and see how the integration is with HA cause that was my final goal to intergrate the locks and stuff. I'm at the church now figuring out how OmniLink works
If you don't know how this Omni controls the door lock, adding more layers of abstraction with OmniLinkBridge is not going to fix your problem.  Who installed this system?  Can you speak with them?  Can you get in with PC Access to see the code?  That will help explain how it was programed.  Otherwise it's like trying to figure out a complex computer program without any user guide.

Back