Omnipro ii with Alexa

askj

Hi, 
I have OmniPro II with Brickcom dome cameras, zwave controllers for lights etc. I want to know if there is a way to hook up my camera in Echo Show using Alexa? I do have homeseer as well as Vera Edge. Haven't use them yet.. But main motive is to see if I can hook my Ring doorbell as well as Brickcomm cameras on echo show.

Thanks

want to know if there is a way to hook up my camera in Echo Show using Alexa?

If your cameras are RTSP you can utilize Monocle skill to connect them to your Echo Show.

But main motive is to see if I can hook my Ring doorbell as well as Brickcomm cameras on echo show.

There is an Amazon Ring doorbell skill you can use today with your Amazon Show.

I have used the Monocle Alexa skill and Ring Doorbell Alexa skill and they both work fine.

Relating to Homeseer there are features for RTSP and Ring Doorbell (plugin) available.  There are also Homeassistant features today for Ring Security for Home Assistant.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks a lot!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too!!

I do have RTSP in those cameras, I am trying to enable the RTSP in my camera configuration. Need some basic help. Is there an article you can provide to read about how to setup RTSP? It is asking about the authentication as well as if I want to have RTSP Mode with SR or without SR?

Also i created and account with Monocle. I think I would also need the URL format for monocle. Thanks again

OK...now or whenever

1 - install VLC

2 - test video streams with VLC:
A - rtsp://IP Camera’s IP Address/channel1
B - rtsp://IP Camera’s IP Address/channel2
C - hxxp:// Camera’s IP Address/snapshot.jpg *
* this would be configured in the PCA program for Omnitouch video

For Monocle you will need to install a local reverse proxy to view the cameras on the Amazon Show.  Read about installing the proxy over here ==>

Monocle Gateway

monocle-gateway-diagram.png

Back