• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Outside box for volume control

Stef

Hi,

I have a client who want to install outside speakers. His electrician pass a 16-4 speaker wire from the receiver to his patio. He would like to have a volume control outside near the patio.

My problem is that I can't find any weatherproof box (with a cover, idealy a clear one) deep enough. The volume control are almost 3" deep.

MAS Audio volume control

Do you know a place where i could buy deep weatherproof box? Or any other suggestion.

Thank you,

Stéphane.

IVB

Why not get one of those Niles outdoor weatherproof volume controllers that come with a box & gasket, so you don't have to deal with this?

Mine only cost me something like $90.

tlparker

I've got tons of options for volume controls (check out speakercraft if you still haven't found anything), what I'm looking for it a WIRELESS speaker control, like my wireless dimmer switch. If it weren't for the impedence matching, I could probably get away with using the former for the latter, but I really do need somethign tha'll take 14x4 input wiring and then run two separate runs out to the speakers and controlling volume to both.

Anyone now of such a critter? I'd prefer z-wave, but can live with IR X10, or pretty much anything at this point.