pc problems

electron

Administrator
Staff member
I ran into some problems with my main pc (corrupt bios), so if you sent me email or private messages, chances are it will take a few days before I get back to you. I ordered a replacement chip, so hopefully that will get me back online in the next few days. I will try to check in once in a while.

Out of curiousity, is that an older computer? Can't you just reflash the bios? I haven't heard of needing a replacement bios chip for some time now, so was curious if this was new/old.

I have to chime in and bust on you a little too E :D. You can post on the board, and read the forums ect, but you can't check email? Hmmmmm :eek:

the bios is corrupt due to a failed bios upgrade. It is an older board (NF7-S v2) so it doesn't have a backup bios or anything. Since it won't boot, I can reflash it.

As for my email, forums are webbased, so I can use my small laptop or PDA, email on the other hand requires me to have access to my Outlook pst file in order to keep track of conversations, etc. Technically I could pop my email and leave a copy on the server, but it's just to frustrating.

electron said:
I ran into some problems with my main pc (corrupt bios), so if you sent me email or private messages, chances are it will take a few days before I get back to you.
Ah, no wonder!!

Check out latest post in Staff forum... :)

Back