• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Pics: Closets, Racks, Stands, Mounting Hardware

Treetop

Showcase your Closets, Racks, Stands, Mounting Hardware, Wiring, etc here...

If you have pics, post 'em...
If you don't: Take 'em ... and post em ;)

Whatcha got?

I've seen a bunch of great pics, but never in one place ...

If you already have 'em posted somewhere... ... got link?

WayneW

I am looking for an attractive (or semi attractive or WAF approved...) way to handle multiple computers. I one point I thought I saw a furniture grade 19" rack, but now I cannot find it. Since my computers are not in rack cases, I am most interested in something that works for regular PC cases. Has anybody found an A/V rack that works good for 3-4 computers?

Edit: this is for a home office environment, rather than a living room. Small cases might be an option in the future, but I don't want to re-case my existing stuff.

DavidL

WayneW,
Best way is to hide them somewhere out of sight and sound. Use RDP or other to adminstrate them from a desktop PC.

Other choices:
If have to be visible, use an HTPC chassis. Works for all but for media servers with lots o hard drives.

Rack mount chassis (which you already mentioned).

Rack mount shelves with PCs on top of shelves and a door (ventilation issue).

In my install I have a wiring closet (pics to follow soon) where I have my HS / media server in the closet (out of general sight, but easy to get at). I have a water cooled HTPC in a component looking case that is in my theater equipment rack (shelves, not racks). My desktop PC is in a cabinet built into my desk. I have heat issues here and will watercool sometime this month to kill the stored heat problem and noise.