Pics of my cameras mounted

IVB

Hi folks. V1rtuosity asked me to take some pics of how my cameras look physically, thought I'd share with all.

There's 3 pics:

1) Front door with motion/camera. This isn't fully done, you'll see some wires hanging out. That's cuz i'm currently having some issues with the video signal. I'm not sure if I've messed up the BNC termination or other issues. Still working on it. [slowly, only allowed 1-2 hrs/day on the weekend for wiring stuff]

2) Closeup of outdoor camera mounted

3) Front of house shot. More to show the camera in perspective, and how very few people actually notice the camera until I point it out.

front_door_camera.jpg

outdoor_camera.jpg

house_shot.jpg

You have a very nice location of the outdoor camera. I can't do it that way because the front of my house is plain flat. In my case, I'm going to put wires by the front door roof under the hang/eaves.

Thanks!

Cute little house. I can't wait to see what the images from that motion detector cam turn out like. What will you be using to record the video?

Sample pics from camera. Some are from using the webserver access, some are from within CQC. No difference in PQ either way.

VladStudio_Camera.jpg

VladStudio_Camera2.jpg

frontdoor.JPG

frontdoor2.JPG

VladStudio_Camera_front.jpg

Those are pretty nice shots. It looks like those were all taken from the camera mounted on the ledge. Do you have the Motion Detector Cam hooked up yet?

Last question. Do you have a link or some info for the camera that took the pics?

Cute little house.
Funny thing about my neighborhood, which is actually why I wanted the CCTVs - all the houses are sideways. My house is only 25' wide, but it's 75' deep. That means there's a large portion of the circumference that is not visible to outsiders. Good for privacy, but also good for thieves.

I can't wait to see what the images from that motion detector cam turn out like. What will you be using to record the video?
Got a Kodicomm card & Diginet.

Do you have the Motion Detector Cam hooked up yet?
Yes and No. I got it all hooked up, motion is working fine, camera isn't. I'll post shots as soon as I can.

Last question. Do you have a link or some info for the camera that took the pics?

It's a Vitek that I got from Toymaster.
I think this is it.

This is the motion/CCTV that there's no shots of

No. You can PM toymaster, he'll give you the skinny. Ask him for the "i'm not affiliated with IVB, that total PITA, discount" :)

IVB,

Was there a specific reason why you went with a softward dvr solution vs an hardward dvr?

I am needing to cut my budget a bit and need to bring down my equipment costs.

Thanks
DTT

Not following; what do you mean by hw vs sw? Do you mean web camera vs regular camera?

oh. Cost, definitely the cost.

I needed to move some of my heat generators [eh, hard disks] out of the media closet, and almost a full 3rd PC available in spare parts. Cost me darn little to slap the kodicomm card in that, esp as opposed to those standalone DVR units. Plus, it reduces the amount of devices that are constantly on, drawing power, driving up cost.

How are wires run to the camera? Does the camera come with a certain length of wire with connectors? If I use the same camera on my front porch, I will need to run wires about 30 feet to get to the PC. I assume a single cable will supply the power as well as the video. What type of connectors will I need? What type of power supply is needed?

Back