Problem programming Honewell transmitter 5816WMWH

techteacherhs

I am having a problem setting up 5816WMWH with my Vista 21IP and 6160RF keyboard. It is attached to a window with an external wired contacts. When I open the window in the disarmed mode the keypad chimes until I put my password in. The keyboard message is check 09. It will not clear with my password and prevents me from arming the system. I programmed it on zones 9 and 10 several times with no difference. I even tried with 2 different transmitters. Programmed as follows ZT:03, P:1, RC:00, Input Type: RF:3, Serial# A 015-9809, Loop:1, Alpha 0. I am new to this and my hardwire setup works fine. I appreciate the help.

Do you happen to have the cover off still?

If so, it's beeping because of a tamper issue and it's only popping up once you "fault" the zone.

Put the cover back on and disarm and the Check error should clear and it should fault/restore properly from there.

The cover was on. I took the cover off then put it back on. I raised the window the beeping did not happen. The keypad said check for faults. It showed fault 09. I used the password to clear it. I opened the window again, the keypad said check for faults. I closed the window and the message disappeared. You made my day! Thank you very much!

Back