Problems with HAI/Leviton C3 Cell Communicator

Desert_AIP

Wanted to give my OMNI Pro II system cellular backup so I hooked up the 70A002 C3 Cellular Communications Center this weekend.
The panel works with both the PSTN and Cell lines, and I can receive and make calls from the house phones on both numbers.

I have two issues.

1)
I'm no longer getting Caller ID on my house phones or Direct TV.
The C3 is supposed to be Caller ID compatible, but it doesn't appear to be passing the data through the C3. 
Even when turned off, the PSTN phone line operates but the Caller ID data is not passed across the box. 
It was working perfectly before I added the C3.

2)
When the answering machine picks up the line and takes a message, it operates normally as before, but after the caller hangs up the C3 remains on the line and the answering machine is still recording and it records a series of fast beeps that are the same tone as the cell side dial tone.  I assume it is a cell side busy signal.  It will continue recording until the record timer expires and the machine hangs up.
It appears the answering machine can not detect the hang up.
This happens when calling into the answering machine on both the PSTN and Cell lines.
I toggled the "Pickup on Hang-up" setting both on and off in the Omni Pro panel and that doesn't seem to have any effect.
When I turn off the C3 box and take the cell out of the loop, it works as it did before and the answering machine hangs up as soon as the call ends.

Anybody have similar experiences with this unit?

Bump for possible advice.

I did notice this evening my DirecTV Caller ID is working but not the answering machine.
So the signal is getting passed through.
Since both lines are after the Omni system, they should be sharing wiring and signal and the answering machine/phone works.

Based on that both of the problems above may be from the answering machine itself.
It was working perfectly though until I installed the C3.

Hmmm...

Back