Question about IP to analog converter box

pete_c

Guru
I am in the process of converting all of my analog cams to IP. 

That said I also have in place an HAI video to HAI Omnitouch 5.7 (legacy) distribution board in place.  I have currently split the analog video inputs going to my 8 port CCTV capture card such that the feeds go to both the CCTV server and the HAI analog video to Omnitouch 5.7 screens.

I am looking to continue to feed analog video to this board for the legacy 5.7 screens.

Is there a "box" which will allow me multiple IP feeds and output to say 4,8,16 analog outputs? 

I would also like to be able to fit it inside the same HAI can (with Omnitouch / video hub).

The feeds would either come from the IP cameras or the IP camera server.

It would look like this:
index.php

Thanks BSR.  Yup googling this morning found that one and others that appear propietary to the same mfg IP cameras. 

Looking for a generic any type of IP camera to analog BNC output.

Pete_c,

I cant see your pic. I get a permissions error?(Red Circle with a dash in the middle)

I attached the picture to this post.

Can you see it now?

It would look like an IP camera server but it would do the reverse; encoding IP cams to analog video.

Just found what may work for me.  Its a Grandstream GXV-3500.

Attachments

• gallery_1510_110_42964.jpg
    gallery_1510_110_42964.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
  • GXV3500.jpg
    GXV3500.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 11
Easiest, assuming you wouldn't mind recording, would be to get a hybrid NVR with looping outputs. I want to say AD or Verint off the top of my head. I think the two variables of what you're intending on doing, what you already have or don't have and how many cams (or all) you want on the HAI...not to mention budget.

Thanks Del.

Basically looking to keep using the Omnitouch 5.7's in place, Omnitouch combo video hub and probably some 16-24 IP cams.

Keeping the analog connections to the XX ports on the Omnitouch hub (even doing some auto switching on a few of the analog feeds would suffice).

The IP connected HAI Omnitouch screens and software are not an issue at this time.

Right now still have some 8 analog cams plugged into ZM box along with some 10 IP cams.  I want to keep the recordings to one NVR.

I am currently utilizing the ZM box and I can do all sorts of "things" with it today.  I haven't ventured yet to a propietary NVR or any other software NVR (Linux or Windows).

Since you're not on a single (or a couple) IP camera platform, I'll toss out a bone to consider.....

Look at a Verint Edge VR 200. 16 analog cams right off the cuff, supports up to 64 cameras, no licensing per camera, up to 20 (or 24) remote streams. Up to 12TB internal.  Very nice footprint and capabilities. Software for management doesn't have licensing either. Even a VR 100 would probably exceed what you might ever need.

Honeywell also has some NVR's that are PC based as well.

Just for 10 of those Grandstreams you're going to be a good clip over 1K, not to mention what capabilities your present head end may or may not be able to support.....

Can't remember off the top of my head about AD's Intellex units, But those will give you at least 16 analog cameras and looping outputs...can't remember about the IP end, and can be had all day at about $1K on the resale market. Basically PC server based units running embedded XP on a 2G flash card inside. Once you apply the patches to them, they're relatively decent for what they are and pretty stable, but if you have data corruption or other windows items stack up...well you get the picture.

I can see what you are looking for now... You're looking for a decoder. Once you start adding several of these things up it may get pricey, very pricey. The other problem with decoders of any manufacturer are that they typically play nice with their own branded cameras, other brands not so much.

There are plenty available. Axis P7701, Verint S1801e-r, Verint even makes one that will give you an HDMI output if you want it. Panasonic WJ-GXD400, very pricey. There are just a few... Once again the problem will be getting them to play nice with your cameras. You may have the best luck with the Grandstream.

Thanks Gatchel.

Here trying to extend the use of the older legacy serially connected HAI Omnitouch 5.7's connected to the HAI hub/video server.

That's really all its for as I can get to the IP server / cams fine except for the Omnitouch wintel software.  (throws out an MS error).

Also not looking at doing an Asterisk setup to play some more. (non related but related tangent).

From the documentation it appears that the Grandstream decoder might work with non Grandstream IP HD cams. 

That's why I threw out putting an NVR in....some have looping while some don't.

The plus side is many have a composite out, so a little programming for a sequence and you could in theory sequence the analog stream into the legacy hardware.

Thanks Del.  Yup here also have an analog programmable switcher "sequencer"?

I found the encoder / decoder at a good price and probably will order it to play with. 

Just thinking too that this is a good solution for those folks just wanting to put an IP camera on their television screens with not much fuss.

That is true..a simple and basic encoder/decoder would do just that as long as the camera manufacturer (if IP to IP) is supported by the decoder.

Pete - let me know if you go the grandstream route - I've had my eye on that particular unit for some time but just haven't gotten around to buying it yet to test it out - my thought was the same - for looping through an analog DVR or modulating onto TV Channels or hiding behind a TV... it says it can even show up to 4 cameras simultaneously.

Yup; looking to test changing analog video on the Omnitouch 5.7 legacy screens (HAI video hub) to using the new IP CCTV feeds. 

I still also backfeed analog channels to the OTA mix of digitial stuff in my home.

Back