Recommendations for Omni Pro II wireless FOB

pete_c

Guru
The house is wired so most likely will not add any more IR sensors etc wirelessly.

Looking to add only one "emergency" FOB.

Is it worth getting the HAI 42A00-2 or would a $22 receiver / 2 FOB deal work for me?

Wireless Receiver

If you have a few zones open the 1-channel or 2-channel quik-bridge from Caddx and the NX-470 keyfob work well with HAI. It is a wireless receiver that gives you contact closures. If you want the receive that uses the bus, you can look at the HAI version (45A00-1) also.

I do have a "few" zones open but just wanted a two button FOB (two zones). At this time it doesn't have to integrate with the HAI bus.

Do you have a link for the Caddx receiver?

Thanks Barry...looks the the NX-702 should do the job.

Those are the old models and in my opinion, not very good. Get the GE Designline ones. They are so much better. They have a 2, 4, and 5 button (the fifth button is a tiny flashlight.) I think its part TX-4012-01-2 for the two button. GE redesigned them because the old ones we a POS. They work with the Quickbridge or 42A00-2

I also like the Secure Wireless SEC-EV-F319. Its not made by GE but another company. I like it the best, but it only comes in the 4-key model, but it comes with different buttons so you can match button symbol to your function. The GE has slightly better range, but they both work good.

ano -

Are you writing about the FOB's?

I am looking for a simple 2 button / 2 zone / 2 channel or more receiver (for HAI Omni Pro II) wireless receiver and a couple of FOB's.

Most likely would purchase both a GE pendant panic transmitter (CADNX475) and the Designline 5-button FOB with flashlight. Would these work with the CAD8016 quick bridge receiver?

ano -

Are you writing about the FOB's?

I am looking for a simple 2 button / 2 zone / 2 channel or more receiver (for HAI Omni Pro II) wireless receiver and a couple of FOB's.

Most likely would purchase both a GE pendant panic transmitter (CADNX475) and the Designline 5-button FOB with flashlight. Would these work with the CAD8016 quick bridge receiver?

Yes, these will all work together. I would recommend the 8-channel Quickbridge over the 2-channel model as its only slightly more money but has 6 extra channels that gives you more features with a keyfob. If you buy them on e-Bay be careful. There is actually two versions of the 8-channel Quickbridge. On older version was a giant PAIN because to be programmed, it required removing all the wires connected to the HAI. The newer version does not. You can tell the difference because the newer version has two added programming buttons the older one doesn't.

With the 8-channel Quickbridge, there are lots of features with the Keyfobs, and you can store MANY keyfobs into the Quickbridge, so the same button on each performs the same function. But remember, each Quickbridge channel can use one wired zone on the Omni.

The HAI 42A00-2 receiver also will work with these GE keyfobs, BUT its more expensive, AND each button on each keyfob requires a zone of the wireless receiver, BUT NOT a WIRED ZONE on the panel. The 42A00-2 can add 64-zones to your panel. The advantage here is that you can detect exactly which keyfob button on each keyfob was pressed. So, with the 42A00-2, the panel will know "John" pressed the panic button, instead of just "someone" pressed a panic button.

I use both a Quickbridge and a 42A00-2 with the Omni Pro II and both have advantages and disadvantages.

Thank-you Ano.

Curious why you use both a Quickbridge and an HAI 42A00-2?

I initially installed my Omni Pro II before the HAI 42A00 existed, so I increased the Omni Pro II to 48 wired zones, and dedicated 16 of these to wireless using 2 Quickbridges. They have always worked fine, but the one weakness they have was they could report a Supervision Error or Low Battery to the panel, but you had to actually look at the Quickbridge to see what zone was having the problem. Since I'm using CQC now, I wanted it to know which zone was causing a problem so I could use this info elsewhere.

Anyway, HAI released the 42A00 some time ago, I figured I'd replace my two Quickbridges with a 42A00-2 and then I would have some extra wired zones if I ever needed them. I installed the 42A00-2 but soon discovered a "flaw" with it concerning keyfobs.

The Quickbridge can learn up to 45 keyfobs into any zone, so one Quickbridge can support up to 45 keyfobs. In addition to that, the Quickbridge has a few more tricks up its sleeve. For example, you can learn the Lock & Unlock Buttons Pressed Together into zone 1. We use this for the panic function, press both the Lock and Unlock buttons together, and the panic function is activated. As far as I can tell, the 42A00-2 doesn't support this double key press.

In addition, while the 42A00-2 has up to 48 wireless zones, each button on each keyfob uses one zone. A four-button keyfob uses four zones. 5 four button keyfobs use 20 zones.

Since the Quickbridge can handle keyfobs so much better than the 42A00-2, I decided to keep one Quickbridge for keyfobs, and use the 42A00-2 for all the other supervised smoke alarms and door sensors I have. The sad part is, the 42A00-2 instructions don't even mention keyfobs, whereby the Quickbridge instructions dedicate about 70% of the text explaining all the different keyfob functions it has. Why the 42A00-2 doesn't have these keyfob features, I have no ideas.

So, if you are ONLY using keyfobs, you still might want to consider using a Quickbridge instead of a 42A00-2.

Back