• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

recommended setting

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
hi folks,

Please let me know if my settings are proper.

What I would like to happen is, let say, it's sleep time, and I would like to arm the house but still assuming it has been armed, I would like to walk inside the house without the motion sensor triggering an alarm.

Here is how I configured my window contacts and motion sensors.

Motion sensor - Burglar Interior Night
Window contact- Burglar Perimeter instant

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Neil
 

tuantu

Active Member
Neil

Your settings are correct, however, in order to walk inside the house without triggering a motion detector alarm you cannot arm NIGHT OR NIGHT INSTANT MODE.

For you window, it will trigger an alarm immediately when you arm the system in ANY MODE

For more information on these refer to M1 installation manual page 30 and 31
 

elcano

Active Member
I'd recommend the following changes:

Regular Motion Sensor : 04=Burglar Interior
This allows you free movements in the house while the alarm in armed in any of the STAY modes (including NIGHT)

Any motion sensor near the entrance and alarm panel: 05=Burglar Interior Follower
This will prevent problems while turning the alarm ON on front of the sensor.


Any sensor that should trigger the alarm during STAY NIGH or AWAY only : 06=Burglar Interior Night
You will have to switch the alarm to NIGHT mode for this one to work.
 

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
So looks like that "Burglar Perimeter instant" setting for my windows in the first floor is correct then, right?

For the Burglar Interior Nite, I found out from the manual as mentioned by tuantu that I was wrong. :) Anyways, I couldn't think of any purpose that Burglar Interior Nite may provide.

....

Reading the description many times again, am I correct that when we arm our system and we set it to night mode(assuming all motion sensors in the house are configured this way), would that mean that I should just stay inside my bedroom or I will trip the motion sensor? :(
 

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
by the way, I want to test the night mode later, however, it's still morning. Assuming I have armed my system either in stay or night mode, is there any time(hour) being followed by the M1? I mean, does night mode take effect in certain time like 9pm to 5am?
 

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
rfdesq said:
v1rtu0s1ty said:
I mean, does night mode take effect in certain time like 9pm to 5am?
No, it's a function of how many times you hit the stay button.
That means, when a sensor(ie motion sensor) has been configured as Burglar Interior and we armed it as Night mode, irregardless of what time of the day it is, it will never trip the security system base from what I read on page 30.

So, going back to my other question which is Burlar Perimeter Instant for a window contact, am I correct that it's the perfect choice for windows?
 

rfdesq

Senior Member
v1rtu0s1ty said:
That means, when a sensor(ie motion sensor) has been configured as Burglar Interior and we armed it as Night mode, irregardless of what time of the day it is, it will never trip the security system base from what I read on page 30.

So, going back to my other question which is Burlar Perimeter Instant for a window contact, am I correct that it's the perfect choice for windows?
Correct and correct.
 

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
by the way, in summer, I noticed my kids when they're sleeping, there are times that they open their window so cold air at night can enter. What setting should window contacts in bedroom be set at?
 

rfdesq

Senior Member
Leave the settings the same just bypass the windows, open them, and arm the panel. Or, automate the system i.e. whenever the system is armed night instant, and the month is June, then bypass little Johhny's window.
 

v1rtu0s1ty

Senior Member
rfdesq said:
Leave the settings the same just bypass the windows, open them, and arm the panel. Or, automate the system i.e. whenever the system is armed night instant, and the month is June, then bypass little Johhny's window.
cool rule!!! :p

That means, I have to check the Night Instant checkbox right? How is it different from Night only?
 

rfdesq

Senior Member
v1rtu0s1ty said:
That means, I have to check the Night Instant checkbox right? How is it different from Night only?
When you arm to "instant" it takes the delay out of the delay zones.
 
Top