RedRadio RAD-I/O

jlokanis

Have anyone actually seen/touched this product? It looks really great on their web site but I cannot figure out how to purchase it. I looked at several of the 'dealers' they list, but most of the links are either dead-end, someone's paritally completed home website or have no mention of anything relating to selling these units.

So, if you have one, how did you get it?

If you sell then, please let me know how to buy.

If you use one, how does it work for you?

thanks,

-John

I haven't heard from Dwayne in a while, I'll send him an email and see how things are going. From what I know, they are concentrating on the OEM market. However, Rauco was the lucky one who won a complete system in a contest, so he can share some of his findings.

I was in a Tweeter a couple of weeks ago and the had some of this equipment on display. I did not inquire if they sell it but my guess is that if they had it on display, they probably sell it. Try there web site.

Yes, E's right. I am a lucky guy!

There are some pros and cons to the setup (mostly pros). On the plus side, the touch screens are very nice looking, both display and housing. The system itself seems to be well-built and stable. Also with no propietary software the sky's the limit for functionality. The screens are easy to hook up, using provided CAT5.

The biggest minus for me is that the mainboard has one slot and that's occupied by the touchscreen interface, so no room left for anything else (like a modem). The resolution of the monitor must be kept at 800 x 600. Not a big deal though.

And winding up in the "I'm not sure what column to put this in" column is the touch response. I may be being a bit cautious, but it seems like I have to press a tad harder than I thought for it to pick up. I'm not too familiar with touch screens so I'm not sure how much touch is needed.

Another thing to keep in mind is that to make something appear on the screens it must be on your desktop, which is split into eight sections, one for each screen. Again, not a big deal unless you want your full monitor display to be different than two rows of four touch screens. I personally don't mind that yet since I'm still toying and setting things up.

All in all, a great system - especially for free. :lol:

If you're reading this, thanks Dwayne!!!

We have been busy working on improved brightness for the single-gang displays, and expect to have them available Q1. We will have a brightness upgrade option for existing customers. As to ordering, check our dealer locator page at redradio.com. If there is not a dealer in your area, you can order directly from RedRadio by calling us at 800/921-3638 ext 701 or send an email inquiry to [email protected]. Please include your full contact information in your email.

Keep your eye out for new products to be announced soon as well.

-Dwayne

Rauco said:
Yes, E's right.  I am a lucky guy! ... All in all, a great system - especially for free.   :lol:
Hehe, also check out their winner of the "How Would You Use Rad-I/O?" contest HERE ;)

Dwayne;

Are you going to be at CES this year?

I am attending CES on Thursday and Friday, possibly Saturday. I am not exhibiting but will have the product with me. If you want a demo there, contact me to make arrangements.

-Dwayne

dwayne said:
I am attending CES on Thursday and Friday, possibly Saturday. I am not exhibiting but will have the product with me. If you want a demo there, contact me to make arrangements.

-Dwayne
Dwayne;

I would be very much interested in meeting you and seeing your product. Can we meet on Thursday or Friday?

I'll PM you my cell phone number and Email address.

Thanks,

BSR

Back