SageTV HD extender & software sale

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Received this e-mail earlier today:

Time to celebrate Dad's and Grads and summertime! We'd like to make it easier with another sale on the SageTV HD Theater and SageTV software . Please enjoy the savings, and thanks again for all the support!

Enter the coupon code DADGRAD09 when checking out to get the indicated discount. (Coupon expires June 25, 2009)

$25 off SageTV HD Theater and SageTV Media Center for Windows software (only $224.95)

SageTV HD Theater plays almost any digital home media format you can throw at it and also lets you enjoy all your favorite online video from YouTube, Google Video and many major TV networks on your TV at the press of a button on your remote control!

• Videos, music and photos from PC, Mac, NAS or USB flash/HDD
  • No fan, no noise, small and easy to setup
  • Internet video from YouTube and other popular services direct to your HDTV
File
formats
AVI, ASF, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 PS, MPEG-2 TS, M2TS, DVD ISO, DVD VIDEO_TS, VOB, M4A, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA Video formats MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, H.264 up to 1080p, WMV9/VC-1 up to 1080p Audio formats MP2, MP3, AAC, WMA, PCM, Vorbis (stereo only), AC3 (stereo down-mix/pass-through), FLAC, DTS (pass-through) You can also use the SageTV HD Theater as part of a whole home HD DVR solution with SageTV Media Center software version 6.5 or later and a PC, Mac or Linux computer and an HDTV tuner.

We appreciate all the support through these tough times. We'll do our best to provide a great quality home entertainment experience at a great value!

Special Bundle: Take advantage of our SageTV Media Center for Windows and HD Theater bundle Special only $224.95, save more than $54 from our seperate order pricing.​
Please enter DADGRAD09 coupon code in our online store when checking out to get the listed discount. (Coupon expires June 25, 2009)​

So it's back ;) I asked a question in this thread about the Sage hardware. I think I have the answer, but wanted to confirm before pulling the trigger. Can any of you knowledgeable folks help?

--Jamie

I think everything you asked for is available with Sage and the Sage extender. I'm not sure how movies are displayed in "stand alone mode" (ie without buying the Sage software), but I know you can use SageMC or the MovieWall addons to have a really nice movie interface within Sage.

Picture of Video Menu using SageMC
videolib_folders_k52.jpg

Picture of the MovieWall
wall2.jpg

sic: SageMC is a bit of a customization..but a very easy one..

I actually totally forgot SageMC wasnt the standard interface untill to redid my server and re-installed sage. That was a bummer.

sic: SageMC is a bit of a customization..but a very easy one..

I actually totally forgot SageMC wasnt the standard interface untill to redid my server and re-installed sage. That was a bummer.

Yeah I removed that portion of my post after reading your post. What I really meant to convey was that the picture was of the basic SageMC. There are lots of user customized screens that might look different. But I certainly didn't say that well enough in my post.

Thanks for the info guys. Sooo, no one uses extender without the Sage software? I totally ok with getting it (after dumping as much as I did into my DA system what's a couple hundred dollars right ;) ), I just have no interest is recording shows or timeshifting with the computer, and from what I've read thats alot of what the software does.

--Jamie

I use the SageTV software, but for two reasons. 1) I use it as my main DVR - recording from 2 QAM tuners and 1 HD-PVR tuner. 2) I have it integrated with my CQC automation software and it requires the Sage API - so I have to run the software.

Also, it has only been since the release of the HD-200 that there has been a Sage HD entender that would work without the SageTV software. So it is still a fairly new development. Meanwhile Sage has been around for years, so clearly there are more old time Sage users that simply buy the HD-200 and tie it into their existing setup. Only a person new to Sage has to decide if they want to buy the software with the unit or not.

Thanks for the background Brian. I got CQC during the recent (still going on?) sale, so it's something I'm going to get into, though I haven't even dipped my toes in yet. If I were to have a touch screen running CQC control my HD-200, say pull up a movie and play it on my TV, the Sage software would have to be running somewhere?

--Jamie

Soooo, I didn't get Sage during the last sale, but my CQC system is up and running I was looking for another project. Ordered the combo today, used coupon code MIDSUM09 for $25 off. Expires tomorrow I believe, if anyone is looking to pick it up.

--Jamie

Back