See the INSTEON-Compatible RemoteLinc In Action

Is it just me, or is that video way to "unprofessional" for this market? No graphics, no special effects, no in-wall touch-screens. Geeze... would someone please ask marketing to chime-in?! :wacko:

Its not that bad of a video.............

But if they want the remote linc to be wall mountable they should make a bracket and sell it for $5.99 not tell people to use velcro. It would cost about $1.50 or so to make a bracket so the profit margin is there. The Velcro just made teh product look like a 99 cent store item. One step above or below the clapper I dont which :wacko:

Maybe I am supposed to Velcro the control linc to? Dam time to run to Home Depot.

I also thought the Velcro was not professional :wacko: . Make an optional or in the box wall bracket.

Its not that bad of a video.............

But if they want the remote linc to be wall mountable they should make a bracket and sell it for $5.99 not tell people to use velcro. It would cost about $1.50 or so to make a bracket so the profit margin is there. The Velcro just made teh product look like a 99 cent store item. One step above or below the clapper I dont which :wacko:

Maybe I am supposed to Velcro the control linc to? Dam time to run to Home Depot.

I keep waiting for her to say "phasors on stun". Is it just me?

Tough crowd here tonight. :wacko:

Other than the music track, I thought the actual video was well done for an amateur production.

Black Velcro on a white wall is a bit of a no-no though. That would not have impressed me as a feature If I was looking to buy one of the remotes.

The dimensions given for the RemoteLinc are very close to the size of the Intermatic HA09, Z-Wave remotes, that I like so much. The big square metallic buttons give the illusion that the thing is much bigger when looking at a picture. I'm just going to do a 'wait and see' before I purchase one though. I will let someone else go first this time. :(

Ken

I actually will try one............. I do feel the pictures are deceiving and its probably not as bad as it looks.

What would be neat is a remote with more device control. Push the device button and then use a dedicated on/off or dim button. You could control maybe 12 devices.

Other than the music track, I thought the actual video was well done for an amateur production.

I thought it was supposed to be a professional video for their website. My mistake then. For an amatuer video it is very well done.

I thought it was supposed to be a professional video for their website. My mistake then. For an amatuer video it is very well done.

A professional production requires a sound studio and about $100,000.00 worth of lighting. It did not look or sound like they had that, that was the reason that I said 'amateur'. I am guessing that they did as well as could be done with what was available. A good music track could improve it a lot. Look what that did for the early Spielberg movies. Now if someone were to put an 'Indiana Jones' or 'Jaws' music track on that.... (just kidding). :wacko:

Ken

What is with the cheesy chirp when you press a button? Can that be turned off?

Thanks for noticing, I thought I was the only one!

That is a ridiculous device...it is as bad a remote, as the controlinc is a bad tabletop controller....

I actually use velcro for my PalmPad remote in my garage. It controls my sprinklers and I frequently take it from the wall when troubleshooting the system.

I actually use velcro for my PalmPad remote in my garage. It controls my sprinklers and I frequently take it from the wall when troubleshooting the system.

In the garage fine............... your living room?
I have used velcro in my living room to mount motion sensors. You usually can't tell it's velcro. Just be careful if you ever try to remove the velcro strip from the wall, it tends to damage the paint.

Back