Send an IR signal to control the Russound CAM6.6 from within my stereo cabinet

pac1234

Want to send an IR signal to control the Russound CAM6.6 from within my stereo cabinet, (in addition to using the IR receivers on the UNO-S2 keypads).
I do not see any IR receiver or input on the Cam6.6 itself? (only IR output on the receiver)

What I trying to do:     Since I can use my iphone to control the Logetech Ultimate Hub (and it outputs IR), want to get this IR to control the CAM6.6. (Therefore can set up one button activities with different combinations of music and video sources)

I don't think there are discrete IR codes even if there was a receiver on the amp.  For example, when you take the remote from one zone to another and point it at the keypad the remote sends the same command.  The amp knows which zone to turn on based on where the IR signal came from.  So you would have to get some device that can translate IR commands into serial port commands (for example a raspberry pi with a USB LIRC compatible receiver and a USB RS232 adapter) and then create your own discrete IR codes, mapping them to the appropriate serial commands.

The Vera has a plugin for Russound.  You could use that to control it and integrate whatever else you have together.

Back