Sim VS-502 A/V Switcher, anyone using it?

PaulH

Anyone have any thoughts on this item? I really like the upconversion function, if it works well. (I've found it for $149.00 on the internet)
(From the Sima Corp. webpage:)
The VS-502 provides the necessary A/V inputs for adding components to your TV and home theater system. The Model VS-502 has five Audio/Video inputs including Component video, S-Video and digital audio plus dual outputs to feed your TV and either a receiver or VCR for recording. The VS-502 will help make the transition to HDTV easy!

http://www.simacorp.com/products/item.ep.h...f14d2682&id=498

That looks like a really nice little unit, especially for that price, but I have no experience with this product so can't help you much there, but I couldn't find any good reviews, nor a single post about this device on AVSforum.

I used to use a SIMA SVS-4 back in the S-video days and was very happy with it. The auto-switching was very reliable. When I switched over to component video I chose the Zektor HDS4 which was the best available option at the time. Sorry I don't have any personal experience with this particular SIMA offering but I think SIMA is a solid brand in general.

Nice. That upconvert is a nice feature. May try this myself for my component video distribution project. Would let me add non-component sources and have them upconverted (of course would probably need to use it for a single input in my case, before I distributed the single in multiple copies.).

The switcher for component video I had been looking at before was by avtools I think, but it didn't have upconvert. This clearly looks to be much higher end, but at an equivalent price.

PaulH said:
I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy it. Thanks for the input. :(
Hello,

Can you please post your experience after the installation. I am very much intrested as well.

Thanks,
Shaurya

shaurya said:
PaulH said:
I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy it. Thanks for the input. :)
Hello,

Can you please post your experience after the installation. I am very much intrested as well.

Thanks,
Shaurya
As it is written, so shall it be. :(

Back