• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Smarthome Manager Essential V2 - 2814u

jeffx

http://www.smarthome.com/2814u.html

Will this software be made available as a free download to end users similar to previous versions of Smarthome Manager Essential and will it work with with the 2414 usb and/or serial controllers?

What are the differences between the 2814 and the 2414 in addition to the lack of a pass-through AC outlet?

BLH

Mine is still on back order. Was listed as ships week of 12/05/05. Web page now said 12/16/06 and the little 'Ships tab' said Waiting for manufacturers update.
My weekly BO Update has not change yet but I have not received one yet this week.
I have the older 2414U and a 2414S and will be testing them with the software if and when it ever ships. I have seen no indication it will be downloadable like the older Smarthome Manager. From what I have seen. The software is limited to only downloading timers for off line control. The full blown program was listed as 09/30/05, but was changed to Q1 of 2006. That can be anything from early January to late March?
One more thing. The 2414U/S have a 2 year warantee the lower cost 2814U has a one year warantee.