kaosweb

Setup:
---------
All SystemSensor - 2 wire

6 - 2WTA-B - http://www.systemsensor.com/products/conv/?UniqueID=60
  1 - COSMO2W - http://www.systemsensor.com/products/conv/?UniqueID=166

Home run to COSMOD2W - https://www.systemsensor.com/products/conv/?UniqueID=168

Connected to an HAI Panel.

HAI SMOKE ZONE ---> COSMOD2W (Interface Module) ---> COSMO2W (CO2/SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) ---> 2WTA-B (SMOKE) --- EOL Resistor.

Issue:
--------
Used hair dryer to trip [heat sensor] - the device would trip and just chirp every few seconds; COSMOD would register a SMOKE situation, I can also see the unsecured zone on the HAI, but NO alarm (other than the chirp) from the SMOKE or synchronized alarm from all the smokes as I expected.

The COSMOD shows green for a good loop.

I do NOT have the RRS-MOD at end of the loop, I assume that is what the COSMOD did.  Also the RRS-MOD directions say to only use with 2wire i3, and the COSMO2W is an i4 series.

Thoughts.  Thanks.

State of COSMOD2W RED LED when you test?

Do you have the panel EOLs connected?  Values?

Zone state when not testing?

Double check the panel configuration for the zones you are using.

The panel and zone are OK.  I get the results expected.  My concern is none of the smokes sound as they should.

They are the models with built-in sounders.  Only the smoke I trip chirps - every few seconds.  All of the sounders on the loop should sound - or at least that is what I expected.  The smoke I trip isnt really sounding, just chirping.

I tested on several smokes in the loop, all with the same results.

Since you didn't answer any of my questions, I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that you don't have the triggers connected.

Sorry...I shouldn't be so quick on my answers when your trying to help troubleshoot.

jpmargis said:
State of COSMOD2W RED LED when you test?
RED LED trips, stays solid when I "trip" detector with smoke or heat.

jpmargis said:
Do you have the panel EOLs connected?  Values?
EOL resistors are in for panel - using HAI supplied 1k resistors
3.9k resistor is in the end of smoke loop as required as well

jpmargis said:
Zone state when not testing?
Zone when not testing is "Secure"

jpmargis said:
Double check the panel configuration for the zones you are using.
Configured for smoke zones, show not secure when smoke alarm trips.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the "don't have the triggers connected?"

Are you referring to the alarm connected back to the COSMOD from the HAI panel?  Am I incorrect that the COSMOD handles the sound?

The dotted line in the COSMOD doc I assumed meant optional, I assumed as least the sensor that tripped would sound - I am used to your basic detector that just sounds on alarm, as you can tell this is my first round with the panel.

I can't explain why you are only getting chirps, but the dashed lines for the trigger connections are NOT optional if you want the COSMOD2W to activate all of the sounders.

You don't have the triggers connected to the module to facilitate the COMOD to start the reversing relay process, so you need to add those if you want the tandem ring to work.

When you hit the test switch on the smoke, what happens?

Do you have verification programmed on the fire zone?

Current status... still no go.

Verify is turned off...

I have the trigger set up to output 1 - have an automation rule to turn on output 1 on smoke alarm, then off when secured.  I am playing with the output types to see if they make a difference.

Any more feedback... Thanks guys.  Inspector comes Tuesday, so working feverishly to get this right.  Seems like I am over complicating it.  But I am trying not to.

OK... I have showed my newbie status already in this thread, so here is another...

When connecting the output (#1) is it a single wire only - from the + side of the output?

Yes, single wire.  Ground reference comes from the power supply connection.  You can connect the output ground to the power supply ground terminal on the COSMOD2W if you wish, but this shouldn't be necessary.  Just for grins, measure the power supply voltage at the COSMOD2W.

Just to simplify the problem, you might consider testing with all of the 2TWA-Bs disconnected. Be sure to move the EOLR.

12.69v at the power input

12ish volts on output when it turns on.

Any particular coding for output type and how about dips switches.

Going to remove the i3 devices and try....

same results with i3 devices out of the loop.  COSMO2W just chirped and tripped the alarm and never alarmed (sounded) itself.

Perhaps a bad COSMOD?  Anyway to check.

Back