Some oddities in ElkRP after installing ELK-M1XFR

shenandoah75

Two minor things...

1) When i'm connected, everytime i switch screens, it sends zones 65-80 ti the Elk... (these are my new wireless zones) i.e. say i'm o tasks and click lighting... then go to voice. Everytime, i get "Please wait" as it cycles through the wireless zones. Not sure if this could be related to the following:

2) when i first did a connection after the first of upgrades, enrollment it received the wireless device ok and listed as wireless zones. Then i did another download from system later and all of a sudden, that turmed to a hardwire-EXP5 instead of Wireless Group 5 it correctly was originally. Same zone numbering (65+), but lost the "wireless setup" button when navigating into those zones. I promise nothing more then just connecting (and i believe i chose receive all). To fix, I deleted it in elkrp, manuall added wirless back and so far everythings been ok (it correctly kept and never loss the (3) KEYFOB registrations and those are now in ElkRP)- just seemed wierd... Not expecting a fix or anything for that, just thought maybe it might be related to repeated transfers i #1?

-brad

You saw an issue in ELKRP that should be fixed in the latest ELKRP upgrade.

ELKRP thought the wireless zones were hardwire and converted it to hardwire zones.

You did the right thing by taking out the hardwire zone group and putting it back in as a wireless zone group. :)

Spanky,

I had upgraded to version .18 of elkrp after your post... But this is still happening. I can reproduce at will by right clicking on wireless expander and choosing "receive from system" immediately becomes hardwired at that point.

At somepoint everything today including the wireless KEYFOBs registrations were erased from the system as well, (not just ElkRP)... so i had to reregister those.... This is confusing because i did not change anything that would have required a send of the wireless zones and i know i didn't do another send all because of the last time. I won't deny that was my own error and i just don't remember, but it just stuck me as odd.

anyways... my biggest concern is that it continues to change to hardwired...

thx
-brad

FYI - the wireless switching to hardwired happened to me once too, didn't do nuthin except a connect (that I recall).

I'll let you know if it happens again.

On wireless expander 4, do you have any wireless zones programmed into it? If not, it will convert back to hardwired.

There is a June release of ELKRP that has some additional wireless enhancements.

Indeed... i had left the zones disabled as i wasn't sure if definition 15/Keyfob was correct for wireless... As soon as i entered it no longer changes to hardwired.

However, one more problem, i have 3 keyfobs (65-67)/. 66-67 are sll fine (both send and receive handle the id's and options correctly)... but i can't seem to get ElkRP to recognize the first one on zone 65 and save it. If i reregister it in the keypad, alls well. First time i connect with ElkRP, it senses the changes, i say "recieve from database" expecting that when i look at transmitters in wireless setup or at the zone directly it will show the correct addres, but it doesn't. Always shows 000000. If i attemp to change them directly in ElkRP, it accepts it i the popup window, but as soon as i reopen (clicking wireless setup on the zone) it's gone...

I'm gonna try moving to another zone and see if i can at least work around it.

Ok that last try worked!!!! It was interesting, because when i looked at the differences the conflict check found, it listed 65 as registered in both the system and the DB - extecting it not to show i the DB as thats what shows in the screen) Maybe just a display issue, but skipping the first wireless input seems to do the trick.

However, it seems as though because i can't clear the original zone 65 definition in elkrp (i.e. i open and it shows me zeroes), when i open ElkRP it errors with:
M1G.dll / Wireless_zones / PopulateScreen / Err# 6 / Overflow (i have sent the report to tech support, but i can ignire and and continue, just pops up everytime i try to go to a wireless definition)

One more problem in addition to the last one...

I have two pcs's on which i have ElkRP installed (one in the office, one in the house)... I originally did all the programming from the latter. When i upgraded ElkRP on the office side and connected, it forced me to purge all wireless setup on the control, not just in the account database. I didn't like this (would have been nice if system didn't clear the control when it correctly recognized it was already setup for Elk vs Caddx :)

And back to the prior issue, even after i did so, the wireless setup window still reflects the keyfob addresses, but the zone windows do not... It it possible to truely purge registration data rather than just disabling as in the manual?

-brad

Indeed... i had left the zones disabled as i wasn't sure if definition 15/Keyfob was correct for wireless... As soon as i entered it no longer changes to hardwired.

However, one more problem, i have 3 keyfobs (65-67)/. 66-67 are sll fine (both send and receive handle the id's and options correctly)... but i can't seem to get ElkRP to recognize the first one on zone 65 and save it. If i reregister it in the keypad, alls well. First time i connect with ElkRP, it senses the changes, i say "recieve from database" expecting that when i look at transmitters in wireless setup or at the zone directly it will show the correct addres, but it doesn't. Always shows 000000. If i attemp to change them directly in ElkRP, it accepts it i the popup window, but as soon as i reopen (clicking wireless setup on the zone) it's gone...

I'm gonna try moving to another zone and see if i can at least work around it.

Ok that last try worked!!!! It was interesting, because when i looked at the differences the conflict check found, it listed 65 as registered in both the system and the DB - extecting it not to show i the DB as thats what shows in the screen) Maybe just a display issue, but skipping the first wireless input seems to do the trick.

However, it seems as though because i can't clear the original zone 65 definition in elkrp (i.e. i open and it shows me zeroes), when i open ElkRP it errors with:
M1G.dll / Wireless_zones / PopulateScreen / Err# 6 / Overflow (i have sent the report to tech support, but i can ignire and and continue, just pops up everytime i try to go to a wireless definition)

I was browsing the forum and saw your post.
I just added a RF expander to my M1-G and had almost similar experience as yours the first time after the expander was enrolled. ie..It was changed to a Wired Zone by RP.
I did exactly the same thing you did, starting my wireless zones at 65, while my last wired zone is 32 in order to allow for future expansion.

I am also having some weird issues with a 4-button keyfob on the first Wireless Zone (65).

1. If I double click on "Wireless Setup" to display the "Transmitters" table it shows zone 65 enrolled as FOBID 199 and displays a TX ID for same. But if I double click on the column to get the "Change Wireless Zone" window, everything is nulled out and any changes I make will not transfer to the M1.
2. Zone 66 has an identical 4 button keyfob enrolled and everything on this zone works correctly. ie.. "Change Wireless Zone" window displays correct values in all fields and I can change FOBID or anything else and it will be uploaded to M1.

I think ther is a definite bug here but I left it as is since the keyfob appears to be working OK on 65.

If you enroll a wireless group of zones, but do not put any wireless zones into that group, ELKRP will convert the group to a hardwire expander.

I will have to look into your keyfob issue.

Thanks,

Back