Suggestion for non IP, non IR but day/night IR cam

felixrosbergen

OK...so i've been searching high and low for a CCTV cam to function as the baby cam.

My requirements are:
- No IP, I need it to be analog so it's easy to integrate with SageTV
- NO IR LEDS, after doing some research i've i don't want IR lights beaming down on my kid
- Day/Night (night with a nighlight of some sort)
- Focal lenght of 8mm or more. That standard 3.6mm wide angle is not very good for baby monitor purposes.
- Small size / unobtrusive, but does not have to be stealth

Some people in the chat have mentioned that there are cams out there that need extremely low light so a small nightlight will do the trick..but apparently these are black&white during the day as well?

Any make/model suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had purchases a cheap ($40) dome IR cam which which worked ok but made clear the 3.6mm focal length was not suitable. Then i worried about the IR, there was little plug inside where i could disabled the IR and it was still ok in the dark. At the same time it appear the lens was user replaceable so it tried to get it out which turned out difficult/impossible and somewhere along the line i seem to have messed up the optics. I'm not getting a sharp image anymore. ugh.. :(

To get the focal length you want you are most likely going to need a camera with a varifocal lens. The CNB "MonaLisa" series are very good in low light situations without IR. This oneseems to fit your specs.

I didn't know you had your own store, cool!

What's wrong with the DBM-24VF model? Seems to have a better LUX rating, same product line. Do you happen to have any shots of it in action?

I didn't know you had your own store, cool!

What's wrong with the DBM-24VF model? Seems to have a better LUX rating, same product line. Do you happen to have any shots of it in action?

You're right, I should have mentioned both! I don't currently have shots yet. As I develop the site (and learn!) I want to be able do more things like that.

That does look like a good fit rusban, i've sent you a PM.

Any other suggestions from anybody else? The one suggested by rusban @ $150 or so is a bit on the pricey side IMHO.

It's a pretty good price for a cam with those specs. Unfortunately cheap & good are mutually exclusive in this case.

Back