Sunrise/Sunset Issue

abbachia

Head Scratcher here, hoping someone can help

I have several scenes linked to Sunsup/Sunset like exterior lights etc etc. (Omni Pro /PC Access)

As of a week ago I noticed that everything is off by an hour

Just checked in PC Acess and sure enough, the calculated sunrise and sunup is off by an hour.

Time zone is correct, time and date is correct etc 

Only thing I can think of is that the system when to DST but the setting for the beginning o DST is correctly showing March and the "Edit Date and Time" box does not have DST box checked as active.

Any ideas??

Are the latitude and longitude correct?  If the panel thinks you are in a different location it will come up with a different time.

You said OmniPro, not OmniPro II. IIRC, the original OP had a box to enable DST but it didn't work. I still had to adjust DST manually in spring and fall.

And with the problem of politicians moving the DST goalposts the original OP would certainly be off either way.

OmniPro II and yes Lng/Lat is correct....

Only location variable I don't get 100% is "Time Zone Hemisphere".  Couldn't find anything on google.  I assume because the Time Zone variable only allows positive numbers, and I'm in -5, that the Time Zone Hemisphere is the direction of the offset (i.e. 5) and West = Negative.  Is that correct?

Time zones are 0-12 only.

From the user manual, time zones are:

4 Atlantic
5 Eastern
6 Central
7 Mountain
8 Pacific
9 Yukon
10 Alaska/Hawaii
11 Bering

Oh! Duh, I see why you wanted to enter -5. You're on the eastern time zone, right?

The Omni time zone is not an offset from UTC as it is on computers.

Use the chart I posted and you should be good, instead of -5 try entering 5.

Good luck!

not at all sure what I did aside for attempting to check and uncheck the DST checkbox in "Edit Date and Time" and attempt to save but.....the sunup/sunset is correct so ....thanks for the input..

Back