switch from concord to ? (to integrate Vera)

donfleck1

I am thinking about switching from my GE Concord 4 wireless system with GSM to a different system to allow integration in home automation controllers like micasa Vera, or Indigo.  I like the GE Concord, but many DIY home automation systems do not seem to have a plugin to allow two-way communication to the security system.  I want the HA system to be able to see all security sensors, and arm/disarm etc.

Here is what I have:  Concord 4, bought within last couple years, installed myself, plus many GE wireless door/window/garage door sensors plus wireless smoke. Also have the GE GSM cellular module that is also compatible with Alarm.com, part number 600-1053; this works great, and is currently my primary and only way to communicate with the outside world (use Alarm.com's iPhone app, work great).  I'd like to continue to use Alarm.com for monitoring, but also want my current Vera (or Indigo/other) home automation controller to see and control the security system.

Here is what I am considering as possible replacement of the Concord: 

Option 1:  Elk M1 Gold system, using the Elk-M1XEP to allow Ethernet/internet communication and control to outside world, and connection to Vera through my LAN network.  Plus their Elk-M1XRFEG wirless module to communicate with my existing GE wireless sensors.  This set-up is expensive, but I am willing to do so if I can use my existing GE GSM cellular module 600-1053, connecting it to the Elk.  **Is this possible???

Option 2 - I think the GE Caddx system may be able to communication with my GE wirless sensors; let me know if not the case.  What about the GE GSM 600-1053; can it be used for the Caddx system?

Option 3 -- other options?

Back