• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Syntax Olevia LT26HVE $599 @ fry's

unrealii

Anyone looking for a 26" lcd? This is a steal at this price. Only downside is that this set lacks a zoom feature. I have had mine for 3 weeks. It rocks, except for the black bars while watching a dvd :lol:

unrealii

Top and bottom. I believe 480i/p is a 4 by 3 resolution, and my dvd player outputs the widescreen movie with bars on it. For my mitsubishi tv, it has a zoom feature where it stretches the screen vertically, so the image takes up the whole screen. My syntax does not do that, and now I end up watching a wide screen movie on a wide screen tv with black bars :lol:

electron

Administrator
Staff member
wait till you get a DVD which has black bars on all sides, now that really sucks lol. I returned several DVD's back to WalMart when I found out they 'faked' the widescreen process.

TCassio

If your watching a wide screen DVD on a wide screen TV and you are getting black bars then the DVD was recorded with a non standard aspect ratio. If you look on the case somewhere near the bottom is the aspect ratio. Movies with (I think) a 17:9 will not have the bars.

T.