The "Geek" factor

jlehnert

I think the biggest roadblock I come across is the customer thinking that this is some sort of 'geek thing'."

There was a good discussion on this a while back, but I can't seem to find it. Probably went to the byte-bucket during "the crash". Anyone know how to search the goggle cache to see if it's there?

In the meantime, I'll open the floor to discussion, then add my own thoughts in later.

Well, I think that the biggest selling point that you need to make to non-"geek" kind of people is the security aspect of lighting control.

The answer is obvious. You have to convince them that it will improve their chances with the ladies! You know what they say about guys with big touch screens, right?

Martin. I found the marital status tid-bit of HA users suprising at first. Then.. I couldn't think of anyone in our circle that wasn't married, or had a significant other.

justonemore said:
Martin. I found the marital status tid-bit of HA users suprising at first. Then.. I couldn't think of anyone in our circle that wasn't married, or had a significant other.
So maybe we need a poll to determine the statistics. Not married and no significant other here.

Dean Roddey said:
The answer is obvious. You have to convince them that it will improve their chances with the ladies!
Not working yet.

;)

smee said:
justonemore said:
Martin.  I found the marital status tid-bit of HA users suprising at first.  Then.. I couldn't think of anyone in our circle that wasn't married, or had a significant other.
So maybe we need a poll to determine the statistics. Not married and no significant other here.

Dean Roddey said:
The answer is obvious. You have to convince them that it will improve their chances with the ladies!
Not working yet.

;)
I agree on both counts

Guess I posted my suprise too fast. Have thought of a couple others as well.
What do you think....a poll just for shits and giggles?

Back