Thermostat and app - strange sync and temp request issue

Hi folks,
 
Hope you don't mind I started a new thread.  Wanted to keep my questions separated and organized.
 
I have HAI thermostats in the brain of my house.  They communicate with laser temp readers in each room.  I can control the HVAC from either the physical controls in the brain of the house or from one of the apps I use on my phone to navigate the HAI.
 
The issue I am having exists across multiple devices, iPhone, iPad, etc.  The issue also exists on different apps.  For example, it happens on SPACE, HAIKU HELPER and SNAPLINK (when it was working)...  So by process of elimination, it's not the device or the app.  Something else is causing it.
 
The problem: Let's say it's 80 degrees outside and I want the AC set to 70 in the living room.  I open the app (I'm using SPACE now), I navigate to the temperature controls and into the zone I want to adjust.  The zone will say:
"Living Room" and the Cool request setting will say 91°.  I press the -° button until the request gets to 70° and when I take my hand off the -° button, the request temperature pops back to 91°.  
- If I go to the physical control unit it will say 91° and I can adjust it to 70° and it will hold.  But when I do it remotely, in this zone it won't hold.
 
In the Bedroom, I'll go to adjust it and will have the request at 51°.  If I set it to 70° on my phone, it will hold the request temperature.
 
I remember when I had a tech here, he said the system just needed a "reset" and he did something to make it work.  The fix didn't hold for very long but it did fix it.
 
So why is my system setting these weird request temperatures?  Why is the app request not working on certain zones?  How do I reset it?  
 
Thank you in advance..
 
 
 
Does anyone have any thoughts on this at all?  Since installing Myro:Home yesterday, the AC system has gone bezerk.
It cooled my entire house to 60° last night.
 
Please HELP!!!
 
It keeps putting all the "REQUEST" temperatures at absurd values.  Like cool 51°. One of the values is now set to 185° ??!!??
 

ano

Senior Member
Each app. is different, but I would not run multiple apps. because they all poll the controller and each one loads it down.  The Omni is quite old technology and its easy for it to get overloaded. Just use one app. and turn the others off.
 
The thermostat problem is pretty normal. Just change the temps slowly.  The apps. cause this problem by setting a temp. then reading back to confirm, then setting it, then reading it.  Just change the temp. then close the app. and open it again to check the temp.  Your also better off setting a temp. and don't use up or down unless it is just one or two degrees.  Also, if you have Zigbee thermostats, they are a bit slower. Wired is faster. 
 

pete_c

Guru
Here utilize a wired Omnistat 2.  That said never touch the settings on it.  Remotely watch it only.  Locally only set it with the Thermostat or the Omnitouch screens. 
 
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1480]

This screen is an Ethernet connection and CPU on the Omnitouch 5.7e is very slow.  The Omnitouch tabletops or Snaplink is way faster. 

It is on hold at 72 ° F.  Sometimes in the summer / winter it is set to 68 ° F  I keep the 3 speed HVAC fan on 24/7 (low speed).  This is in the Midwest where current temps have been in the 80-90's and in the winter it can go to zero for a week or so. 

Snaplink on Android has been updated. It is fast and I have no issues with it. Testing single Omnistat thermostat with it and it works fine.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1481]
 
First generation Omnipro 2 serial application caused all kinds of thermostat issues here like turning AC to 50 or Heat to 90 on it's own.  I had to disconnect the thermostat pieces until the application was fixed.

You can also install HAI cabled temperature sensors right on your AC freon lines to make sure your AC is functioning OK. Many Homeseer OmniPro HVAC automation folks have done this which will tell you much more than just the thermostat control functions.
 

pete_c

Guru
How many Leviton Omnistat thermostats are running in your home?
 
Old old house had two furnaces / AC devices...one for main floor and basement and one for second floor.  First generation Omnistat at the time.

You can watch the program in action by loading up PCA and watching status of the thermostat as you make changes to it with your iPhone.
 
The board is very slow and based on serial transport.  The Ethernet interface was a primitive add to the serial bus base transport.
 

LQtechvn

Active Member
pete_c said:
Here utilize a wired Omnistat 2.  That said never touch the settings on it.  Remotely watch it only.  Locally only set it with the Thermostat or the Omnitouch screens. 
 


This screen is an Ethernet connection and CPU on the Omnitouch 5.7e is very slow.  The Omnitouch tabletops or Snaplink is way faster. 

It is on hold at 72 ° F.  Sometimes in the summer / winter it is set to 68 ° F  I keep the 3 speed HVAC fan on 24/7 (low speed).  This is in the Midwest where current temps have been in the 80-90's and in the winter it can go to zero for a week or so. 

Snaplink on Android has been updated. It is fast and I have no issues with it. Testing single Omnistat thermostat with it and it works fine.


 
First generation Omnipro 2 serial application caused all kinds of thermostat issues here like turning AC to 50 or Heat to 90 on it's own.  I had to disconnect the thermostat pieces until the application was fixed.

You can also install HAI cabled temperature sensors right on your AC freon lines to make sure your AC is functioning OK. Many Homeseer OmniPro HVAC automation folks have done this which will tell you much more than just the thermostat control functions.
 
I really surprise when see your OmniTouch 5.7e working.  I have many had dead screen.
 

pete_c

Guru
Mostly run Omnitouch Pro on tabletop tablets.  The Omni 5.7e's and Omni 5.7's are still working here.
 
Top