Trans/Low Batt Question

Madcodger

I am getting a Trans/Low Batt message on my keypads, which I'm assuming is notification that one of my wireless smoke detectors (GE CADDX) has a battery going dead. Two questions:

1) Is my assumption correct? (only wireless devices I have for the M1)
2) How do I find out which one it is?

Thanks,

Joe

Look in the log from the keypad: ELK button, 4, >. Then use the up and down arrow to scroll through the logs. You should have one that says Transmitter low battery and the number next to it will be the transmitter zone number

Look in the log from the keypad: ELK button, 4, >. Then use the up and down arrow to scroll through the logs. You should have one that says Transmitter low battery and the number next to it will be the transmitter zone number

Thanks, Digger!

Hmm... Problem. Nothing showing in the log. How often does it update the status for this? I checked back about 6 hours, and just had a lot of motion sensors and doors opening and closing. Nothing on the trouble code. Any ideas?

I had a sensor that triggers that error occasionally. The sensor still always works but the error can last a day or so but then disappears for months, so I don't worry about it unless the error stays there for a while.

I had a sensor that triggers that error occasionally. The sensor still always works but the error can last a day or so but then disappears for months, so I don't worry about it unless the error stays there for a while.

Biggest problem it's causing (other than the worry about the sensor itself) is that we have an Elk speaker in our bedroom at that keypad. When you arm / disarm the system, it LOUDLY gives a warning about this. Not good if I get up to let a dog out or leave earlier than my wife. I could disable that, but am hoping to track down the needy sensor. Got caught up with too many outdoor projects this weekend with the nice weather we had.

If anyone has any ideas on tracking this down in the logs or otherwise, I'd like to hear it. I've got a stealth here...

Thanks.

How do you clear the Trans/Low Battery trouble alert?
The alert was for a Keyfob with the ELK-M1XRF2H.  I replaced the battery in the Keyfob.  But the alert is still there after 3 days.  There were only 2 log messages about the low battery one for each zone of the keyfob (Keyfobs have two serial #s so two zones) three days ago and none since.  What does it take to clear this message?  I have not power cycled the M1 as this should not be necessary.
I have tried *, codes, etc nothing clears the message.

Did you wait at least 20 seconds before installing the new battery, and then activate the keyfob several times?

From the M1XRFTW manual:

When replacing a Low Battery:
1. Remove the old battery and WAIT AT LEAST 20 SECONDS before installing the new battery. This is important as it allows
the sensor circuitry to completely shutdown and erase the low battery memory.

2. After 20 seconds, install the new battery, then trip the sensor a couple of times so that an "all good" signal will be sent to
the control to clear the low battery trouble.

That was the issue.  The procedure for this device is to hold one of the button when you connect the new battery.

Thanks.

Back