Trouble with some Elk M1 rules ...

electron

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 problems here, hopefully someone can figure this one out, I have been banging my head on these rules for a while ;)

problem 1: the rule below fires without any issues, and every single command is executed except for the first THEN statement. That statement tells my Ocelot to execute some IR commands. When I manually send this data to the Ocelot port, it works. When I 'test' this rule, the IR works as well, but when the rule is triggered, only that line doesn't work.
WHENEVER Output 107 STATE IS TURNED OFF
THEN SEND THE FOLLOWING TEXT: "+T000010+T000072+T000126" THROUGH PORT 1
THEN TURN kitchen bottom [38 (C6)] OFF
THEN TURN kitchen top [39 (C7)] OFF
THEN TURN LR speakers [37 (C5)] OFF
THEN SET LR table lamp [35 (C3)] TO 50% BRIGHT

problem 2: similar issue, the 'THEN TURN flood lights [252 (P12)] OFF' statement does not execute. I don't see any X10 commands on the line, but the other THEN statements execute just fine. When I 'test' the rule, everything works.
WHENEVER THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS RECEIVED: "garage_door_closed^M" THROUGH PORT 1
THEN TURN flood lights [252 (P12)] OFF
THEN TURN Output 100 OFF
THEN TURN Output 104 OFF
THEN CLEAR PREVIOUSLY DISPLAYED MESSAGES ON KEYP

I have tried everything I can think of, changed the order of the rules, no luck.

I don't have a firm grasp on what is happening but try this:

Question 1.
Move the text transmission either to a separate Rule or
move the text transmission to the last item on the list.

Question 2:
1. Make sure 252 (P12) light is enabled as a Serial Interface Format on the Lighting Screen.
2. We have witnessed on Apple computers that they do not send the Carriage Return, only line feed. Make sure the Carriage Return is being sent with the message.

3. Try shortening the message to 8 characters or less.

There is a know issue in that the TEST button only executes the first THEN statement.

If any of this helps, let me know so I can work on the code.

hey David,

Q1: tried that solution already (moved it to the last item on the list), no luck

Q2:
1) it is configured as standard since this is an X10 based flood light.
2) using the test function, the rule works, so I think the string is fine, but the Ocelot doesnt not require a carriage return.
3) will give it a try, but I believe I have tried that as well long time ago.

Is that serial expander on the latest firmware (well the one before the latest, as I don't think you are supposed to use 1.0.16 on anything except one that is being used for Insteon).

Worth a shot. The command at issue is one for the expander.

The other thing I would try (and by no means am I an elk guru) is do a command that is guaranteed to trigger and use that. See if the expander gets the command. I mean something using a time (rule out the output, and the text being recieved as well).

Hope this helps.

The Insteon software has the upper version number starting with 50. ie. 50.x.x.

The 1.0.16 for the M1XSP is the regular software.

Back