True or False

RandyKnight

Elk KP2 and RCS thermoststat are both on the 485 bus and as such can share a single Cat5. In other words, 4 wires each.

I've got them located next to eath other in the same stud cavity so if I can use just one Cat5 that will be easier.

No, you need 6 wires for the DBH. It needs to loop the data A and B back to continue the chain serially. You could use just 4 wires and connect it directly to the bus or to a DBHR. I would just pull another cat5. Future proof yourself, what if you decide to change that KP2 to a TS07 in the future? You'll need the whole Cat5.

RandyKnight said:
Elk KP2 and RCS thermoststat are both on the 485 bus and as such can share a single Cat5. In other words, 4 wires each.

I've got them located next to eath other in the same stud cavity so if I can use just one Cat5 that will be easier.

Just for clarification, the KP2 is on the M1's RS-485 data bus. The M1XSP that connects to the RCS control box at the HVAC air handler connects to the M1's RS-485 data bus. The RCS thermostat Head, albeit RS-485, does NOT connect to the M1's RS485 data bus. The thermostat Head connects to the RCS control box.

M1 ->M1XSP -> RCS Control at HVAC -> Thermostat Head
|
->KP2

Guess I'll pull another Cat5. Although this wall is right next to the garage and accessible from the attic so I'm not too concerned about adding anything later.

Back