TV articulated wall mount with bracket for IR receiver or other small parts?

JimS

Anyone seen a wall articulated (swivel?) mount with a bracket for the MCE remote receiver? I was just looking at this and making a bracket looks pretty straight forward. Actually thinking that if I mount the receiver there and have a small board like a raspberry pi perhaps I should just mount it behind the TV too. Would reduce the cables from the wall although I would have to bundle up the cables between things on the mount. Wondering if anyone makes such a thing. I could also mount the pi close by in a cabinet.

For my flush mounted kitchen nook TV I put an in wall three box sized in wall box.  One side is electric and two sides are LV.  The RPi would fit in side the LV side. 

Last year put a ~40" TV in my dentist's master bedroom on a swivel.  I put a 4 inwall box behind her TV and that has even more room.  She wanted to be able to watch her TV from her master bathroom.  She is a friend and I did whatever she wanted.  I did not like dealing with her plaster walls though.  She did also use a little IR blaster.  I attached the IR receiver to the top of the LCD TV.  The IR receiver was for her tiny little Comcast HD box (which you do not see either today) You don't even notice it today.

I also went to use very thin cabling (more expensive but looks nicer).  It was a bit of a PITA to do.

Look here at their wares.  Bunch of companies sell this stuff.  Purchased a "few" of these boxes on close out at Home Depot for some $10 a piece (its just plastic anyways).

My preference is not to see anything at all.  Helped a neighbor a couple of years ago put a small shelf under a large LCD (master bedroom set up) to hold an STB.  Looked a bit tacky to me.  But this is my opinion only.

Over the years my tiny little PC cases have optional DIN mounting brackets just to fit them on the backs of larger LCD TVs which I have used for that purpose along with my carpc stuff.

Arlington

Images of low voltage boxes

The box idea won't work too well here because the mount is on the end of a wall over a counter. It can swing toward the kitchen or toward the dining room. I originally mounted a wall plate for low voltage on the end of the wall but then needed to add more cables and wanted to route the power away from under the cabinets. So I put several boxes above the top cabinets (cabinets are right beside TV). You can hardly see them above the cabinets and then only from some positions. If I need to put the STB (whatever it ends up being) somewhere it can on top of the cabinets too. But I still need to mount the IR receiver on the TV so it faces whatever way the TV is. The TV housing is pretty narrow on the edges, especially on the top. And the bottom has many connectors and power cord in the way. So I think a simple bracket to place the MCE remote just above the screen should work ok. Paint it black for WAF and I'm good to go! Seems like others have probably done something like this before...

Ahh..OK

I have the kitchen under the cabinet LCD mounted on a stalk swivel mount.  The TV does fold up flush or swivels.  Here I just used LV flush mounted boxes mounted horizontally and adjacent to the kitchen cabinets.  I put all of the cables in that "smurf" flexible tubing mostly used for automotive stuff.  

The small IR extender that plugs into the HP MCE IR device is tiny.  I don't remember now if the IR extender came with the HP MCE remote or not.

For my office LCD TV I just set the IR reciever on the top of the set.   It's a larger LCD using a sort of fold out swing mount.  TV was a bit heavy and a PITA to install using a little step ladder.  I do not notice the IR device.  

You can do POE connection to the little STB and velcro it to the back of the TV.  

I reinstalled part of the original base when I hung my Sharp flatscreen on a swivel mount - then used some velcro to attach the AppleTv under the flat screen.

Back