UPB generation 2 dimmers, when?

UPB generation 2 dimmers, when?

I am getting ready to purchase my lighting control system and saw a few references to generation 2 dimmers. Does anyone know when these will be available? If they have addressed the double tap delay it would make a big difference to me.

Thanks

Latest tenative word straight from the manufacturer is mid to late May. But dont quote me ... :lol:

the double tap delay has been greatly reduced in this generation of switches, so if that is an issue for you, i would certainly hang on for a little while.

When you refer to the double-tap delay do you mean the delay between the time when the switch is pressed and the time when the signal is sent to the load, while it is waiting to see if a second tap is coming?

My understanding is that it is in reality just a firmware upgrade/enhancement but unfortunately there is no way to field upgrade a switch so you will need to replace it to get the new firmware. Alot also depends on who comes out with new firmware first (SAI or PCS) and their implementations may be a bit different.

I guess I was looking at more form factor, are the switches going to look like the existing switches or will there be new styles and designs.

My understanding is both. The existing form factors will get the new firmware but there are also some new designs in the works which will also use the new firmware.

Back