• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

VERY Cool 404 Not Found page!

JohnWPB

Ran across this on Digg.com. It's a replacement for the typical 404 error page, that is animated. The animations is only 48k in size! Jutst a small bit more than a tiny picture.

You can CHECK IT OUT HERE.

JohnWPB

Yes, it is a flash animation. Just checked it, and it is still up and working... Even if you don't have a shockwave plugin for your browser, you should get something other than a 404 page, as it is a dirrect link to an actual page, even though it is a 404 error page... confusing ay?!

John Wrote:
ps - that other thing went out in yesterdays mail to you.

Thanks John!

JohnWPB

It would be tempting to include that page on a site... BUT that would mean that you would intentionally have to design the site incorrectly for it to ever be seen :)

JohnBullard

No No No John,

I can design a site that may yield a 404 error without even trying :) :lol:

Usually I test all of my links really well to find my errors, but then again.....

when "hot linking" ( I know, a big no no), the 404's can creep back in, hmmm,

I may need to "borrow" that page to do some testing with ;)

Edit: opps, maybe I can't "borrow" it, just looked at it again, it's copyright is 2004 to 2999. I'll be a really really old man by then.