W800RF

gregoryx

I'm very pleased with how responsive and reliable the W800 support is. Suddenly, there are a bunch of CHEAP remote controls available for Elk-based automation. Very nice.

Two concerns:
1- Ability to disable the "retransmit X10" that it does
2- Support for dim commands (up/down)

Are these things in the works? Can they be?

It would be even better if we could add it ElkRP as a Wireless Zone Expander. This would cut down on the rules needed for wireless devices. Make for cleaner programming and have devices shown as Zones.

The disadvantage is the Zones would start filling up fast.

I tried and due to some other stuff have not had time to look at the w800 again. However, I love athe ability to use it to send simple command using slim line controls that I have. (simple x10)

There is not an ability to shut the hearbeat message but there are rules that can help accomplish that. DS10a is what I started with and had issues with the heartbeat message. I will get back into it in the next week or so and will update.

I have not had a problem using dim commands using my palmpad control. If that is what you are referring to. Some folks had issues but that can be sorted out by setting the device/lighting in the lighting section as a dimmer.

If you setup lighting as an on and off then the dimmer commands don't work.

Electron has been using both ds10a and ms10a with great success. He is busy these days so we will see how he setup the ds10a and avoided the hearbeat message.

HTH.

regards,

noshali said:
I tried and due to some other stuff have not had time to look at the w800 again. However, I love athe ability to use it to send simple command using slim line controls that I have. (simple x10)

There is not an ability to shut the hearbeat message but there are rules that can help accomplish that. DS10a is what I started with and had issues with the heartbeat message. I will get back into it in the next week or so and will update.

I have not had a problem using dim commands using my palmpad control. If that is what you are referring to. Some folks had issues but that can be sorted out by setting the device/lighting in the lighting section as a dimmer.

If you setup lighting as an on and off then the dimmer commands don't work.

Electron has been using both ds10a and ms10a with great success. He is busy these days so we will see how he setup the ds10a and avoided the hearbeat message.

HTH.

regards,
With Girder 4, it is easy to overcome the heart beat message. I can show you this if needed.

Back