We asked, you told us: Most of you didn’t buy anything for Black Friday/Cyber Monday

pete_c

Guru
News
by Justin Duino6 hours ago

Following almost non-stop phone announcements since the beginning of fall, we ended the season with Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

During these two retail holidays, we saw countless sales for electronics big and small. Even better, some of those newly released smartphones were already seeing deep discounts.

So now that most of the sales are over, we decided to ask you if you ended up buying anything for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Here are the results.

PU.jpg

Results

Tallying up the results, we find that just over half of the voters decided to pass on sales during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Looking at the comments, it seemed like a lot of people just weren’t impressed by the items that had been discounted.

Even though 53 percent of those that voted didn’t end up buying anything, it looks like everyone else purchased an almost equal percentage of other electronics. Leading the pack were smartphone purchased followed by smart home gadgets and headphones.

Noteworthy comments

Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:

I was in the market to replace my old DSLR camera and my old HP laptop. I ended up going with a mirrorless Sony camera and picked up a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I went into the red on Black Friday.

got a crazy deal on a 4k hdr 49″ smart TV at Target

Chromebook

Tablet deals sucked this year. I assumed the poor tablet sales would yield big discounts, but the only decent sales were for the amazon fire tablets, and they are all hamstrung by the Amazon ecosystem.

And then there was this person who got the best deal of the season:

A bottle of shampoo from Aveda. 20% off and free shipping.

It was listed on the Google News site and appears to be an Android forum.

Here did not look or shop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

I was late this year putting up Christmas Decorations which I typically do on Friday and didn't do anything until following Wednesday.

I don't shop state of the art electronics, the best deals are on last year's models. Costo is a good place to find year-old technology bargains and they will let you return pretty much anything and they do it all year long.

Mike.

Back