• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Weather station justed stopped

Scrambled

Eric-

I have an AAG weather station, and for some reason it has just stopped working.

I am using Weather Display to record the information, and it is showing the data received as a green flashing box that is counting, on the data quality there is a red box.

I thought that the cable might have been damaged somehow, so I ran a new cable. It is about 125 ft.

When I connect the weather station directly to the USB adapter everything works fine.

Any Ideas???

Steve

ericvic

Steve,

Have you tried using the OneWireViewer to see if it is a hardware or software problem?

Eric

Scrambled

Eric- Darryl

I have tried to use the 1-wire viewer, and nothing is happening:(.

I am going to move the weather station inside tonight and try it again.

What is the maximum amount of cable that I can use between the usb adapter and the weather station itself?? Just wondering- Mine is about 125-150 feet.

Steve

Scrambled

Eric-

I just moved the weather station inside. I connected it to the USB adapter using a 6 ft phone cord, and both programs worked.

any ideas???

Steve

Scrambled

Eric-

The first cable that I ran was a cat v wire. I used 2 of the 8 wires for the connecton. This lasted for about 6-8 months before the weather station stopped working.

The new cable that I ran was a standard phone cable that already had the ends attached to the cable. I get the same error with this cable as the cat v cable.

nothing else has changed.

Steve

ericvic

That is strange. Sorry not to be of more help, but I'm out of ideas to try at the moment. I will keep pondering the problem and see if I can come up with anything.

Eric

electron

Administrator
Staff member
It already had the ends attached? Make sure you have the right ends, I ran into a similar situation with my Ocelot, where it looked like a regular phone cable, but it wasn't straight through.

Scrambled

Electron-

You were right, the ends of the new phone line were reversed :). But a snip here and a crimp there, and the weather station is working.

Now to try to get the rain gauge and the Bar. working.

Steve