Went to download changes to OPII program, and when it started downloading, there was a network error with the controller.

gym4im

Comm Status: Reset by Peer (10054)

So I reboot my main router, Arris (which is basically the modem) my cascaded Linksys (which was done so we would not have to change everything when switching from DSL to Fiber), the Omni Pro II and two computers.

Comm Status: Retry (100) came up several times and then it connected. It seemed like it would be ok, so I began downloading the new program to the controller. Naturally, it erased the old program from the controller first, and then PCAccess went off-line, after a minute. The error was a Reset by Peer message. So there is no program now in the controller to run the house. 

Several times I rebooted everything and I would get the Retry (100) 9 times and then:

Comm status: Interrupted Function Call (1005?) [forgot the last digit] once, and now consistently:

Comm Status: Interrupted Function Call (10064).

I don’t know if it is related, but:

A/c will not stay on anything less than 78°. I have a remote sensor connected to the new replacement for the RC 80, with the dial. I set it to 75° when I go to bed, via the 1st generation video touch pad. In the middle of the night it’s not cool enough, so I check it and it’s at 78°. This has been happening for about a week. Just glad it’s not going it 82° which the program sets it at when I leave.

Yesterday, I looked at the default program within the thermostat and 78° is one of the settings for DAY in that program. When I went into the INSTALLER SETUP I made certain that the internal program was disabled, and it was. I saw nothing else that looked strange, so why it is behaving the way it is has me puzzled, or it is because of the Interrupted Function Call (10064) error message, which is pretty consistent at the point.

I also learned yesterday that if I put the temperature down to 72°, it will stay there for a few hours (rather than 5 minutes) before going back up to 78°. It is June no in South Florida and that is when the heat and humidity start ramping up until October 15th!

I have tried to ping the controller and my results have been all over the place, from no successes to 4 successful pings. My Arris Fiber modem/router has only my Linksys hung off of it, normally. I put the controller and my PC in two of the 3 empty ports and that did nothing (I know enough about networking to be dangerous). I have been running this OPII since about 2008 with very few hiccups, and this is the longest it has not been at 100%. Surprisingly, I just tried turning on this rooms light and Myro worked! I tried turning down the A/C to 73° and it kicked on. I tried to connect with PCA, and on the third try it connected, for about 2.5 minutes. If I wait at least a day, it my connect again for a couple on minutes. Lastly, the Ethernet lights on the OPII’s board are on with the in-board light blinking.

If any one knows what be be causing the errors, what I can do the fix them, get the program reloaded into the controller, or if there is a company still supporting HAI products or pointers to such information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jim

Do you have a computer with a serial port? If not you can get a usb to serial adapter from eBay.
Then you can run PC Access and see if the OmniPro II stays connected and lets you download your programming.
You can also direct connect your PC to the OmniPro II if you use a ethernet crossover cable and assign an ip address to your PC.
dwalt

Hello dwalt - Yes, well, I assume it has one. Even though the HP Envy is only about 7 yo, and the way technology changes, I do not know if my HP has one or not. Slight problem. My office, where my PC resides, is upstairs. When the HAI was installed, some 15 years ago, I was renovating, so we opened the walls (sheet rock, on shims, over poured concrete going upstairs) as all the major stuff was done before painting, etc. So, ethernet is the way I will go, as I have tons of 5e left over. Unfortunately, if this is going to be a permanent setup, I don't want to have a cable running across the livingroom floor and up the stairs.

So, when making a 568B crossover cable (sort of thinking "out load" to make certain my "dangerous network talents" are valid), I understand that one end, of the cable, is straight thru and the other, crossed-over. I imagine the straight through end is for the computer and the cross over end is for the OmniPro II. Therefore, I can use the existing cable in the wall, and just change the end that will go into the OPII, to cross over, that is in the closet downstairs. I already have a static IP on the controller, assigned before AT&T MADE me get rid of DSL for fiber, which would nix my remote access capabilities unless I were to get a cell interface. The MADE was actually accomplished by raising my monthly Internet charge from @ $50.00 to $350! That is when I lost my ability to acess the controller, video, etc., while being away from the house.

Thank you very much for offering this solution. I certainly hope it works. Over the past 15 years, parts of my HA have "broken" from the Russound (lightning), Security cameras (? as I changed out the box that connects the cameras to the controller unless it is the DVR, which Speco nixed), and now this (which effects the Thermostats, Access Control, Security and what lighting I did not replaced with Hue [as the word was HAI-HUE where working on a ZigBee connection when Hue first came out]).

Best, Jim

Please check this url for proper crossover cable wiring....

The direction you hook up the crossover doesn't matter. The pinout does.
You can make an rs232 cable using cat5e. I suggested the rs232 for troubleshooting not as your permanent setup.

@gym4im

What is the IP of your OmniPro panel?
Can you ping the IP of your OmniPro panel from your office computer?
Is your office computer plugged in to your Linksys router?
Do the LEDs blink near the Ethernet Port of your OmniPro Panel?

Make a drawing and post it here of the Ethernet wiring from the panel to the Linksys to the ISP combo router...
Is the WAN port on your Linksys router connected to a LAN port on your fiber router?

I did similar in FL house when moving from DSL to Verizon FIOS many many years ago.

Fiber ==> Verizon FIOS combo ==> Linksys OpenWRT router combo ==> OmniPro 2 panel (early version)
==> moca cable to Verizon STB's

I had two networks configured via the Verizon FIOS combo router. One network was for the television STBs with cable connections to the box.
The second network was via the Linksys router WAN port to one Ethernet port on the FIOS box. All of my network connections in the house were connected to the Linksys Firewall router (DDWRT at the time).

Today in the midwest I have an Ethernet and serial connection from the OP2 panel to the server rack. I use cat5e / rs-232 balums for the serial connection. It is just a patch panel to patch panel cat5e connection labeled as a serial connection.

Last edited:
II would image, however, I would need to get DB9 connectors and plug it in to the serial boards.
@gym4im

What is the IP of your OmniPro panel?
Can you ping the IP of your OmniPro panel from your office computer?
Is your office computer plugged in to your Linksys router?
Do the LEDs blink near the Ethernet Port of your OmniPro Panel?

Make a drawing and post it here of the Ethernet wiring from the panel to the Linksys to the ISP combo router...
Is the WAN port on your Linksys router connected to a LAN port on your fiber router?

I did similar in FL house when moving from DSL to Verizon FIOS many many years ago.

Fiber ==> Verizon FIOS combo ==> Linksys OpenWRT router combo ==> OmniPro 2 panel (early version)
==> moca cable to Verizon STB's
192.168..., as it has been since its installation.
Sometimes. Usually after I have rebooted everything it wil successfully ping 1-4 times out of three attempts, and then no times until i rebooted again. Yesterday after giving everything and one a break, it went on-line for at 15 minutes, so I tried to download and Off-line!
Yes! They blink as stated in my original post. ________________PC w/ PCAccess 3
Of course. |
Fiber ---> ATT Arris BGW210 ---> Linksys WRT 3200 ACM <--- OmniPro II

II would image, however, I would need to get DB9 connectors and plug it in to the serial boards.

192.168..., as it has been since its installation.
Sometimes. Usually after I have rebooted everything it wil successfully ping 1-4 times out of three attempts, and then no times until i rebooted again. Yesterday after giving everything and one a break, it went on-line for at 15 minutes, so I tried to download and Off-line!
Yes! They blink as stated in my original post. ________________PC w/ PCAccess 3
Of course. |
Fiber ---> ATT Arris BGW210 ---> Linksys WRT 3200 ACM <--- OmniPro II
I made the Crossover cable and PCA still remained off-line. However, when it went on-line for 15 minutes in my replay above. I just realize when I unplug the cable to make it cross-over, it stayed online when it was directly connected with a str8 through ethernet pin out. I had not yet switched the same cable to cross over. pinging with the cross over returned a general failure.

Try powering off the board and disconnecting the battery and then connecting the crossover cable to your laptop.

Leave the panel unpowered for 5 minutes or so without any Ethernet cable plugged in. Then plug in the crossover cable and try PCA again.

If it works then fails it could be your network chip in the OmniPro panel. If it doesn't fail then it could be your Linksys router failing.

Are you familiar with the ATT Arris BGW210 configuration?

Can you look at the configuration of the LAN side of the Linksys router specifically:

1 - gateway IP?
2 - subnet mask?
3 - DHCP scope?

Last edited:
it's seem 2 case:
1. your program have dead loop. to test this case, try to make new account and write blank automation program to controller
2. you were downgrade firmware, controller back to ip default 192.168.0.100

it's seem 2 case:
1. your program have dead loop. to test this case, try to make new account and write blank automation program to controller
2. you were downgrade firmware, controller back to ip default 192.168.0.100
Haven't had a new firmware, since HAI sold, to download, so that is not a cause.
Been .40 for about 15-18 years and the installer change the ip #
Can't try the dead loop fix until I get the cotrollr to stay online.

Now I have a major problem. I unplugged the controller without batteries, last night to reboot it, as suggested. I sat down to watch ome TV to chill and I fell asleep. I then woke up and went to bed. I Just replugged the OmniPro II in to see if the x-o Cable will work. Now the consoles continuely beep (gen 1 video consoles) and do no show anything but Japanesse writting and some small print that is on so short a time you can not read it. Ofcourse, this has never happened before. Is this fixable or fatal. Thank you.

Jim

Pete - those are,on Linksys:

1 - gateway IP 192.168.1.254
2 - subnet mask? 254.254.254.0
3 - DHCP scope? 192.168.1.254 - 192.168.1.10
Though in the Linksys, which I do no use ther management system, it is 10.131.84.100 - 199

Again just to be sure, everything was working fine until 2 weeks ago, or so, I download some changes to the program and then walked away. When I return three days later, I could the fact I not connect to the controller started. It has happened before so it should have been no big deal. Only difference wass th controller, in the past, was still connected. We did have a few thunder storms, but the house has a whole house surge and I have everything on local surge strips. Thins comes at a time I am readying to sell the house and when I installed the system I thought it would add value. HA!

Your router ip is 192.168.1.254. That should not be part of the dhcp range. That should be set to 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.253.
Your subnet mask should be set to 255.255.255.0
What is the HAI ip address? It should be one of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.9 or you can get into issues with dhcp reservations. For example, if the HAI ip is 192.168.1.100 you should set your DHCP range to 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.253

I have downloaded the program to the controller using the original network topography, numbering and cabling. I was shocked but extremely happy...and still have my fingers crossed, not my cable strands. I believe Pete's recommendation of not plugging the cable into the ethernet port seems like the most likely candidate for the solution to my original question. Perhaps letting the entire system cool down, and have an over-night break, after being on for 15 years, wasn't a bad, accidental idea, either. Who knows, I have had heard of weirder things done to fix technical issues before!

The problem I have now is that when I went to the PC in my office this afternoon, to plug in the original ethernet cable to try to connect, the attached Messsage below, I found buried beneath some windows. This sort of relates to LQtechvr's comments. I did noting with firmware, prior to the original incident talked about in my first post. I do not know what the number of my actual firmware is, but I do know that my ROM is 3.11D. The Version of PCA is 3.17.0.843. I tried to set the time and date in PCA and it caused this error to come up. I hit quit, causing PCA to quit. I reopened PCA and I still could not change the time and the error message did not appear as it did the first time. I also noticed that there is a message on PCA, at the top, which says "Version Override"(attached). I never noticed that before. I would normally reset the date and time, if needed, on a console. However, they are still not coming up when I plug then in. The were unplugged for only about 8 hours. THey have been through that before with hurricanes. I hope they have not lost their basic programing! They are my next challenge...as is letting the controller know what day and time it is. I thought we installed a push button key pad but it it not where I though we put it. I know there is one somewhere.

Even though I am not quite finished with this fiasco, I want to thank you all, dwalt, pete_c and LQtechvn for your assistance in this. I learned alot

Attachments

• Error message 6.7.23.jpg
    Error message 6.7.23.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Override.jpg
    Override.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
Back