• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

What did you get for Fathers Day!

Squintz

I got a dwarf Lemon tree so that I can make fresh squeezed lemonade. It only grows to be 5 or 6 feet tall and can remain in a Pot so that you can move it inside during the winter. Pretty cool!

I was hoping for a PCI Modem from HomeSeer but that didnt happen. I guess I will have to make a list for my birthday and X-mas like I did last year.

What did you guys get?

Attachments

• lemon.jpg
    lemon.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17

Rauco

Being a Star Wars fan I got 2 t-shirts and my new prized possession: Darth Tater Mr. Potato Head!

20050113_1_bg.jpg

smee

Taking the thread off topic... Was someone actually able to find Darth Tater at MSRP? Do you know where they got it?

By the way, a major disadvantage of LCD monitors is that you can't put Mr. Potato Head (or Darth Tater) on top of them (easily).

Skibum

I got this from my "rent a kid" next door...

Thank you for always being there for me! I just thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell you how much you mean to me, and how special you are. You have been a very important part of my life since the first day we moved here, and I know you will still be through college and for the rest of my life.

It doesn't get much better than that. :lol:

DavidL

For my second Dad's day I got a pair of shoes and a pullover shirt. Not very high tech, but probably better than the animal crackers my wife got for Mother's day :lol: Don't think my daughter and I will get away with that one another year...

TonyNo

I was out-of-town for work yesterday, but I got a wake-up call from my daughter who told me "Happy Father's Day". That'll do! :lol:

Rupp

Camping trip and boating with entire family all day Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Man am I beat.

BraveSirRobbin

Hmmm, a lemon tree, bird feeder, clothes, "Darth Tater", what gives? Do I have to hold down the fort here on getting any HA related gifts for Father's Day!? :lol:

I didn't get all of this (purchased parts throughout the year when they were on sale), but I did get the CPU. mother board, CD/DVD Drive and hard drive for Father's Day (at Fry's, they actually had some good sales for a change). :D

BTW, more pics of the system build are HERE. I'm planning on getting a PC Alchemey bundle of the Hauppauge 150MCE and IR Remote and making this a Windows Media Center PC.

Off Topic: Do you think a "How-To" on building a PC would be of any use? There are already so many of them on the net now.

Attachments

• fd_gift.jpg
    fd_gift.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 17

Squintz

I think a how-to on servers would be of use but there is so much to learn Im not sure it would be possible.

jrfuda

I got this Gas Grill.

Here's a pic:

NSG3902B-closed-LG.jpg

I actually got it a few weeks early, snce the season was already upon us. I've used it 2-3 times/week since.

Bruce L

Very nice grill - I'm drooling just thinking about steaks sizzling on that already ;)

I got no presents or cards but I did get a very nice relaxing day with my family ;)